穿PRADA的恶魔 The Devil Wears Prada 中英文剧本

穿PRADA的恶魔 The Devil Wears Prada 中英文剧本 Good luck. 祝你好运

Hi. Uh, I have an appointment with Emily Charlton? 你好,我约了艾米莉·查尔顿 Andrea Sachs? Yes.

安吉丽雅·塞克斯? 是的

Great. Human Resources certainly has an odd sense of humor.

要命,人力部还真会开玩笑 Follow me. 跟我来

Okay, so I was Miranda's second assistant...

听着,我本来是马琳达第二助手

but her first assistant recently got promoted, and so now I'm the first.

她首席助手近期晋升 所以我现在是首席助手 Oh, and you're replacing yourself. Well, I am trying. 哦,你给自己找替身 但还没找到

Miranda sacked the last two girls after only a few weeks. 马琳达几周内炒了前两个女孩

We need to find someone who can survive here. Do you understand?

我们需要能够适应这个高强度工作的员工 你明白吗? Yeah. Of course. Who's Miranda?

当然,马琳达是谁?

Oh, my God. I will pretend you did not just ask me that. 哦,天哪,我会假装你刚没问过我

She's the editor in chief of Runway, not to mention a legend.

她是《天桥》杂志主编,是一名传奇人物

{\\an8}安吉丽雅还以为天桥指时装表演 T 字舞台那段走道

You work a year for her, and you can get a job at any magazine you want.

只要为她卖命一年 之后想去什么杂志社就可以去 A million girls would kill for this job.

所有女生都会为这份工作发疯的

It sounds like a great opportunity. I'd love to be considered.

听上去很棒 我很荣幸能被选中

Andrea, Runway is a fashion magazine... 安吉丽雅,《天桥》是本时尚杂志 so an interest in fashion is crucial. 热衷于时尚对工作人员非常重要

What makes you think I'm not interested in fashion? 你认为我对时尚没有兴趣? Oh, my God. 我的天哪

No! No! No! 不!不!不! What's wrong?

怎么了?

She's on her way. Tell everyone! 她要到了,通知大家!

She's not supposed to be here until 9:00.

她应该九点到的

Her driver just text messaged, and her facialist ruptured a disk.

司机刚用短信通知我 她的美容师椎间盘突出 God, these people! Who's that? 那些人真要命! 这是谁啊? That I can't even talk about. 我都不想提她

All right, everyone! Gird your loins! 好了,各位!准备就绪!

Did somebody eat an onion bagel? 谁吃过洋葱面包圈了? 《天桥》

普拉达 - 著名时尚品牌 Sorry, Miranda. 对不起,马琳达 Move it! Ooh!

让开!

I don't understand why it's so difficult to confirm an appointment.

我不明白为什么确认预约就这么困难?

I know. I'm so sorry, Miranda. I actually did confirm last night.

我知道,对不起,马琳达 我昨晚真的去确定预约了 Details of your incompetence do not interest me. 我对你无能的细节没兴趣

Tell Simone I'm not going to approve that girl that she sent me for the Brazilian layout.

告诉西蒙我不要她为巴西版面选的女孩

I asked for clean, athletic, smiling. She sent me dirty, tired and paunchy.

我要的是干净、运动型、面带微笑的女孩 她挑的是肮脏、疲倦的肥婆

And R.S.V.P. Yes to the Michael Kors party. 回复麦克·克斯 我会去他的聚会

I want the driver to drop me off at 9:30 and pick me up at 9:45 sharp.

我要司机九点半送到那里 九点四十五分再来接我 Call Natalie at Glorious Foods, tell her no for the 40th time.

打电话给“光荣食品”的纳塔丽 告诉她第四十遍? No, I don't want dacquoise. I want tortes filled with warm rhubarb compote.

?不行!我不要杏仁蛋白饼 我要大黄水果蛋糕

Then call my ex-husband and remind him the parent-teacher conference is at Dalton tonight.

再打电话给我前夫,提醒他 今晚的家长会在达尔顿 Then call my husband, ask him to meet me for dinner at that place I went to with Massimo.

打给我丈夫,让他在 我和马西莫去过的地方碰面吃晚餐

Tell Richard I saw the pictures that he sent for that feature on the female paratroopers...

告诉李查德我看过他送来的女伞兵照片 and they're all so deeply unattractive.

她们实在太难看了

Is it impossible to find a lovely, slender female paratrooper?

就不能找个可人又苗条的女伞兵?

No. Am I reaching for the stars here? Not really.

当然能 我能摘星星吗?当然不可能

Also, I need to see all the things that Nigel has pulled for Gwyneth's second cover try.

还有,我要看奈杰尔给格温妮斯 挑的第二次封面试镜的衣服

I wonder if she's lost any of that weight yet. Who's that? 不知她瘦了多少 她是谁? Nobody. Um, uh... 谁都不是,呃?

Human Resources sent her up about the new assistant job, and I was preinterviewing her.

人力部送她来做助理 我刚对她进行了面试 But she's hopeless and totally wrong for it. 她根本不行,完全不适合这里

Clearly I'm going to have to do that myself because the last two you sent me...

显然我要自己来选 你上两次选的人? were completely inadequate. 全都不合格

So send her in. That's all. 让她进来 就这样 Right. 好的

She wants to see you. Oh! She does? 她要见你 哦!是吗? Move! 快点!

This is foul. Don't let her see it. Go! That's... 这太土了,别让她看见,快去! 那个?

Who are you? 你是谁?

Uh, my name is Andy Sachs.

呃,我叫安迪·塞克斯

I recently graduated from Northwestern University. 刚从西北大学毕业

And what are you doing here? 那你在这里做什么?

Well, I think I could do a good job as your assistant. 嗯,我可以做你的助理 And, um... 还有,呃?

Yeah, I came to New York to be a journalist and sent letters out everywhere...

我来纽约想成为一名记者 发了不少简历 and then finally got a call from Elias-Clarke... 终于艾丽雅斯·克拉克给了我一个电话 and met with Sherry up at Human Resources. 让我和人力部的谢瑞见面

Basically, it's this or Auto Universe. 反正,不是这里就是《机动世界》 So you don't read Runway? Uh, no.

那么,你没有看过《天桥》? 呃,不看 And before today, you had never heard of me. 直到今天才知道我这个人 No.

是的

And you have no style or sense of fashion. 你对时尚即不追求,也没见解

Well, um, I think that depends on what you're... 这个,我认为这看个人? No, no. That wasn't a question.

不,不,我没在问你

Um, I was editor in chief of the Daily Northwestern. 我曾是西北日报的主编

I also, um, won a national competition for college journalists...

我,还获得过全国大学记者竞赛的头名

with my series on the janitors'union, which exposed the exploitation...

连续揭露了校工团的不法剥削? That's all. 行了

Yeah. You know, okay. 好吧,我知道了

You're right. I don't fit in here. 没错,我不适合这里

I am not skinny or glamorous... 我不够苗条也不够漂亮

and I don't know that much about fashion. 也不懂时尚 But I'm smart.

但我很聪明

I learn fast and I will work very hard.

我学得很快,我会努力工作的

I got the exclusive on the Cavalli for Gwyneth... 给格温妮斯找到卡华力的独家设计

{\\an8}Roberto Cavalli,意大利的知名时尚设计师

but the problem is, with that huge feathered headdress that she's wearing...

问题是她戴那么大个羽毛头饰?

she looks like she's working the main stage at the Golden Nugget.

好像她是在金块酒店唱戏的 Thank you for your time. 多谢你的宝贵时间

Who is that sad little person?

那可怜虫是谁?

Are we doing a before-and-after piece I don't know about? 我们在制作“麻雀变公主”的节目吗? Brown and Law, please? Thank you. Andrea. Hmm? 安吉丽雅 嗯?

Wait. You got a job at a fashion magazine? 慢着,你在时尚杂志社得到份工作? Mm-hmm. What was it, a phone interview?

没错 什么?靠电话面试? wow. Ow! Don't be a jerk. 嘴巴别那么讨厌

Miranda Priestly is famous for being unpredictable. 马琳达·皮斯利是出了名的女魔头

Okay, Doug. How is it that you know who she is and I didn't?

道格,为什么你知道她而我不知道? I'm actually a girl. Oh! 我其实是个女的 哦!

That would explain so much. Look, seriously. 谜团都解开了 喂,认真点

Miranda Priestly is a huge deal. I bet a million girls would kill for that job.

马琳达·皮斯利是个大人物 我打赌女生都会为这工作发疯的

Yeah, great. The thing is I'm not one of them. 是啊,但问题我不是那些女生

Look, you gotta start somewhere, right? 但你总要出人头地,是不是?

I mean, look at this dump Nate works in. 你看笨内特的工作

I mean, come on. Paper napkins? Hello. 拜托,做纸巾?有没有搞错?

Yeah. And Lily, she works at that gallery doing, uh, you know...

对哦,莉莉她在画廊里做那个什么?

Oh, I'm sorry. What exactly is it that you do anyway? 哦,抱歉,你到底是做什么的?

Well, lucky for me, I already have my dream job. 我很幸运,已经找到了理想工作 You're a corporate research analyst!

你是个财务研究分析员

Oh, you're right. My job sucks. No! 没错,这工作很烂 不是的!

It sucks. I don't... It's boring. It's all right. Breathe. 很烂,我?工作很无聊 没事的,深呼吸 I'm trying. Here. Take a drink.

我在努力 来,喝一杯

I will have a drink. I will have a drink. Ah, yes.

我要喝一杯,喝一杯 啊,没错

I'd like to propose a toast. To jobs that pay the rent. To jobs that pay the rent.

为交房租的工作,干一杯 为交房租的工作 Jobs that pay the rent. 为交房租的工作

Oh, baby. You should see the way these girls at Runway dress.

亲爱的,你该看看《天桥》里面 女生的打扮 I don't have a thing to wear to work. 我都没有像样的衣服穿去上班

Come on. You're gonna be answering phones and getting coffee.

拜托,你只是去接电话,买咖啡 You need a ball gown for that? 干那活需要穿晚礼服吗? I think I might.

我想我可能需要吧

Well, I happen to think you look great always.

我认为你穿什么都好看 Aww! I think you're full of it. 啊,胡说八道

Hey. Come on. Let's go home. Yeah. 嘿,过来,现在就回家 好

I can think of something we can do that doesn't require any clothing.

有件事我们不穿衣服也能做 Really? Mmm. 真的? 嗯 Hello? 喂?

Andrea, Miranda decided to kill the autumn jacket story for September...

安吉丽雅,马琳达决定 取消九月的秋季夹克衫报道 and she is pulling up the Sedona shoot from October. 并提前十月的赛多纳的设计

You need to come into the office right this second and pick up her coffee order on the way.

你立即回办公室,路上把咖啡也买了 Now? Now, get a pen and write this down.

现在? 没错,再拿纸笔把这个记下来

I want one no-foam skimmed latte with an extra shot... 我要一份大杯无泡的低脂拿铁咖啡 and three drip coffees with room for milk. 和三杯冲泡的咖啡,咖啡还要加奶 Searing hot. And I mean hot. 一定要滚烫的 Hello?

喂?

Where are you? Oh, I'm almost there. Yeah. 你在哪儿? 我就快到了 Shoot! Oh! 该死!

Is there some reason that my coffee isn't here? 为什么我没看到我的咖啡? Has she died or something? 她死了还是怎么了? No. God.

没有 天哪

Oh. Bloody time. 哦,太慢了

I hope you know that this is a very difficult job... Mm-hmm.

我希望你知道这是份艰难的活 是的 For which you are totally wrong. 那你就错了

And if you mess up, my head is on the chopping block. 你的失职会送我上断头台的

Now, hang that up. Don't just fling it anywhere. 把那挂起来,别随便乱扔

Okay. First of all, you and I answer the phones. 首先,我和你接听电话

The phone must be answered every single time it rings. 每次响铃都必须接

Calls roll to voice mail, and she gets very upset. 如果转入语音信箱,她会很生气 If I'm not here... Andrea, Andrea...

如果我不在这里,安吉丽雅,安吉丽雅 you are chained to that desk. 你必须一直呆在桌子旁

Well, what if I need to... What? No. 好,但如果我要? 什么?不行

One time an assistant left the desk because she sliced her hand open with a letter opener...

上次的一个女助理 手被开信刀划伤,离开了桌子 and Miranda missed Lagerfeld...

导致马琳达错过了与拉格费尔德的会面

{\\an8}拉格费尔德 - Karl Otto Lagerfeld,时尚设计师 just before he boarded a 17-hour flight to Australia. 恰好接着拉格费尔德又去了澳大利亚 She now works at TVGuide.

现在那个倒霉蛋,她在干电视导购 Man the desk at all times. Got it. 随时坚守岗位,知道了

Uh... Miranda Priestly's office. 呃? 马琳达·皮斯里办公室 No, she's not available. 不,她现在没空 Who is it?

请问是哪位?

Yes, I will tell her you called... yet again.

是的,我会告诉她你来过电话?好几次了

Right. Remember, you and I have totally differentjobs. 记住,你我有不同的分工

I mean, you get coffee... and you run errands. 我是指,你负责咖啡,听候差遣 Yet I am in charge of her schedule...

我负责她的行程

her appointments and her expenses. 会议和财务

And, um, most importantly, um... 还有,最重要的是

I get to go with her to Paris for Fashion Week in the fall. 我会和她去巴黎的秋季时尚周

I get to wear couture. I go to all the shows and all the parties.

我会穿大牌设计的服装 参加所有的时装表演和聚会 I meet all of the designers. It's divine. 会见所有设计师 太神圣了

Okay. Now, stay here. I'm going to the art department to give them the Book.

你现在留下来 我要把书拿去设计部 The... This is the Book. 书? 就是这本书

Now, it is a mock-up of everything... 里面包含本期杂志要采用的? in the current issue.

?所有设计素材

And we deliver it to Miranda's apartment every night, and

she retu...

我们每晚都把它送去马琳达的住处 然后她再?

Don't touch it. She returns it to us in the morning with her notes.

别碰 她做过笔记后在隔日上午交给我们

Now, the second assistant is supposed to do this... 现在,应该由第二助理来做这个

but Miranda is very private and she does not like strangers in her house.

马琳达很注重隐私 不喜欢陌生人闯入她的住处 So until she decides that you are not a total psycho... 直到她确认你不是什么变态?

I get the lovely task of waiting around for the Book. 先由我负责保管这本书 Oh, Emily? What do I do... 哦,艾米莉,我该怎么办? Deal with it.

把它处理好

Hello. Mrs. Priestly's office.

你好,皮斯里女士办公室

Hmm. That's what I meant. Miranda Priestly's office. 嗯,我就那意思,马琳达·皮斯里办公室

Um, you know, she is in a meeting. Can I please take a message?

呃,她现在开会 能为你留个口信吗? Okay. Can you please spell Gabbana?

好,请拼一下 Gabbana

{\\an8}Gabbana - Docle & Gabbana,又名 D&G,意大利时尚品牌 Hello? 喂?

I guess not.

不拼算了

I guessed an eight and a half. 我猜你穿八点五号鞋

Um, uh, that's very nice of you... 呃,你真好?

but I don't think I need these. 但我好象不需要它们

Miranda hired me. She knows what I look like. 马琳达雇了我,她知道我的样子 Do you? 你知道吗? Emily. 艾米莉 Emily? 艾米莉?

She means you. 她叫你呢

We just cut on the bias. That's not what I asked you. 我们刚才这样斜着剪 我要求的不是那样

I couldn't have been clearer. There you are, Emily. 我说得很清楚了 你来了,艾米莉

How many times do I have to scream your name? Actually, it's Andy.

要我喊你多少遍才够? 其实,我是安迪

My name is Andy. Andrea, but, uh, everybody calls me Andy.

我叫安迪 安吉丽雅,但大家都叫我安迪 I need 10 or 15 skirts from Calvin Klein. 我需要十到十五条 CK 的裙子

{\\an8}CK - Clavin Klein,美国最顶级时尚品牌

What kind of skirts do you... Please bore someone else with your questions.

你想要什么样式的? 这种无聊的问题你问别人去 And make sure we have Pier 59 at 8:00 a.m. Tomorrow. 去“五十九号码头”餐厅 确认明天八点的座位

Remind Jocelyn I need to see a few of those satchels that Marc is doing in the pony.

提醒约瑟琳,我要看看 马克在手抄里画的背包

And then tell Simone I'll takeJackie if Maggie isn't available.

告诉西蒙如果杰茜没空就用麦吉

Did Demarchelier confirm? D-Did D-Demarchel... 迪马休里耶确认了没?迪,迪马休里耶? {\\an8}帕特里克·迪马休里耶,著名摄影师 Demarchelier. Did he... Get him on the phone. 迪马休里耶,他?打电话给他 Uh, o... okay. 呃,好的

And, Emily? Yes?

还有,艾米莉? 是的? That's all. 就这样

It's just the cavalier disregard for clear directions... 这只是不符合?

Do you have Demarchelier? 联络上迪马休里耶了吗? Uh, Demarchelier. 呃,迪马休里耶

Leave it. Do you have... 让开 你有没有?

I have Miranda Priestly calling. 马琳达·皮里斯的助理 I have Patrick! 帕特里克在线

Uh, no, she called me in there and-and then she asked me about Pier 59.

哦,她叫我进去 还有什么五十九号码头

And there was something about Simone, Frankie, someone else.

还有关于西蒙,弗兰克,还有谁

And, um, she needs skirts from Calvin Klein. 她要 CK 的裙子

And, uh, there was something about a pony.

还有关于什么小马 {\\an8}小马和手抄同音

Did she say which skirts? No. No. 她说要什么裙子了吗? 没有

Did she say what kind? Color, shape, fabric? I tried to ask her.

她说是什么款式的、颜色、形状、材料? 我试着问过了

You may never ask Miranda anything.

你永远不能问马琳达任何问题

Right. I will deal with all of this, and you will go to Calvin Klein.

好,我处理其它事,你去拿 CK Eh... Me? 呃?我?

Oh, I'm sorry. Do you have some prior commitment? 不好意思,你还有其它要事吗?

Some hideous skirt convention you have to go to? 要去“恶心裙子讨论会”吗? Miranda? 马琳达?

Are you there? I'm about to walk in. I'll call you as soon as...

到了没? 我正要进去,我马上打电话? Hello? Hi. While you're out... 喂?你好 你在外面?

Miranda needs you to go to Hermes to pick up 25 scarves we ordered for her.

马琳达要你去爱玛仕 拿她定的二十五条围巾

Okay. Cassidy forgot her homework at Dalton. Pick that up. 好的 卡西迪巴把作业忘在达尔顿了,你去那取

Miranda went out to meet with Meisel, and she will want more Starbucks when she gets back.

马琳达去见麦塞尔,她回来时要喝星巴克 Hot Starbucks. Can you just repeat that first... 要热的 你能重复第一件? Hello? 喂?

Oh, my God. 哦,天哪

What took you so long? I have to pee! 怎么那么久?我要去厕所!

What? You haven't peed since I left?

什么?从我出去到现在你没去过厕所?

No, I haven't. I've been manning the desk, haven't I? I'm bursting.

没有 我一直坚守岗位,快憋不住了! Oh, hi. 哦,嗨

You do coat. Do the coat!

你挂衣服,挂起来! Okay. 好的

Now, be prepared. The run-through is at 12:30.

准备好,十二点三十分开始挑拔

People are panicking, so the phone is going to be ringing off the hook.

大家都很惊慌,电话随时都会响起 The ru... The run-through. Right.

挑?挑拔,好的

Yes. Editors bring in options for the shoot, and Miranda chooses.

没错,编辑们提出构思 马琳达选出好的

She chooses every single thing in every single issue. 她要精心挑选每一个主题

Run-throughs are a huge deal. I don't know why you don't know that, Andrea.

挑选是件大事 真不懂你怎么会不知道,安吉丽雅 Okay. Are you ready? Oh, hi, hi. 好了,准备好没? 哦,嗨

Right. Well, after the loo, Serena and I are going to lunch. 好了,上完厕所 塞莉娜和我去吃午饭 This is her... the new me. Hi. 就是她,新的我 嗨

Told you. I thought you were kidding.

我说吧 我以为你开玩笑

No, quite serious, yeah. I get 20 minutes for lunch, and you get 15.

当然不是 我有二十分钟吃午饭,你只有十五分钟 When I come back, you can go. Okay. 我回来后,你就能去了 好的 What exactly is she wearing? 她穿的是什么啊? Her grandmother's skirt. 她外婆的裙子

Hmm. Corn chowder. 嗯,粟米海鲜汤

That's an interesting choice. 有趣的口味

You do know that cellulite is one of the main ingredients in corn chowder.

你知道这里面有很多脂肪

So none of the girls here eat anything? 那这里的女孩都不吃东西?

Not since two became the new four and zero became the new two.

自从二号变成四号 还有零号变成二号,就不吃了 {\\an8}这里的号码指衣服尺寸

Well, I'm a six. Which is the new 14.

我是六号 那就要变成十四号了

Oh. Shoot. 哦,该死

Oh, never mind. I'm sure you have plenty more polyblend where that came from.

哦,没关系 你一定还有很多其它化纤衣服

Okay. You think my clothes are hideous.

你觉得我的衣服难看?

I get it. 我知道了

But, you know, I'm not going to be in fashion forever... 但,你知道我不会一直留在时尚界

so I don't see the point of changing everything about myself just because I have this job. 我不想为了这个工作改变自己

Yes, that's true.

真是说对了

That's really what this multibillion-dollar industry is all about anyway, isn't it?

这个值好几亿的产业 就只关心一件事,对不对?

Inner beauty. 内在美

Hello.

喂?

Right. Come on.

好,快来

Miranda's pushed the run-through up a half an hour. Mmm!

马琳达提前半小时开始了选拔

She's always 15 minutes early. Which means? 她通常都早到十五分钟 意思是?

You're already late. Come. Shoot!

你迟到了,来 该死

Excuse me. 借过

Mr. Ravitz. 拉维兹先生

Nigel. 奈杰尔

Issue going well? Oh, yes. Our best September ever. 工作顺利吗? 哦,是的,至今最成功的一个九月

Great. Heard Miranda killed autumn jackets and pulled up the Sedona shoot.

很好 听说马琳达取消秋季夹克衫 选了赛多纳的设计

What's that costing me? 那要花掉我多少钱?

About 300,000.

大概三十万

Must have been some lousy jackets. 那些夹克肯定发霉了

Irv Ravitz. Oh, I'm sorry.

俄弗·拉维兹 哦,对不起

This is Andy Sachs, Miranda's new assistant. 这位是安迪·塞克斯 马琳达的新助理

Congratulations, young lady. 恭喜你,年轻人

A million girls would kill for that job.

女生会为这工作发疯的

Bye-bye. 再见

Hmm? Chairman of Elias-Clarke, Irv Ravitz.

嗯? 艾丽雅斯·克拉克的总裁,俄弗·拉维兹

You know what they say? Tiny man, huge ego. 知道别人怎么说他的? 个子小野心大

No. And I've seen all this before. 不行,都过时了

Theyskens is trying to reinvent the drop waist, so actually it's...

瑟斯肯斯尝试重新引进露背款式 所以?

Where are all the other dresses? We have some right here. 其他裙子呢? 这里有一些

Stand, watch and listen. And I think it can be very interesting...

站着,边看边听 我认为这样很时髦?

No. No, I just... It's just baffling to me.

不,不,我? 真搞不懂

Why is it so impossible to put together a decent run-through?

为什么做个顺利的挑选会这么难

You people have had hours and hours to prepare. It's just so confusing to me.

你们有这么多时间准备 真让我搞不懂

Where are the advertisers? 广告部的人呢?

We have some pieces from Banana Republic. We need more, don't we?

我们从巴纳纳拿来这些 我们还需要更多,是吗?

Oh. This is... This might be... What do you think of... Yeah. 哦,这个,这个可以?你们觉得呢? 是啊

Well, you know me. 哦,你知道我这人

Give me a full ballerina skirt and a hint of saloon and I'm on board.

一条芭蕾舞裙加一点造型 我绝对赞成

But do you think it's too much like... Like the Lacroix from July?

你不觉得有点太? 像七月刊的卡奎

I thought that, but no, not with the right accessories. It should work.

我想过,但只要找对饰品 我就觉得能行

Where are the belts for this dre... Why is no one ready? 这裙子的腰带呢? 就不能都准备好吗?

Here. It's a tough call. 这里,但有点麻烦

They're so different. Hmm.

该挑哪个? 嗯

Something funny? 很好笑吗?

No. No, no. Nothing's... 不,不,没什么

You know, it's just that both those belts look exactly the same to me.

只是,这两条腰带几乎一模一样

You know, I'm still learning about this stuff and, uh... 其实,我还在学这东西?呃

\ “这?东西”?

Oh. Okay. I see. 好了,我知道了

You think this has nothing to do with you.

你觉得这和你无关?

You go to your closet...

你去自己的衣橱

and you select... I don't know... that lumpy blue sweater, for instance...

选择?我不知道? 比如你那松垮的蓝色绒线衫

because you're trying to tell the world that you take yourself too seriously...

试着告诉世人你的人生重要到

to care about what you put on your back.

你无法关心自己的穿着

But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue.

但你要知道那衣服不仅仅是蓝色

It's not turquoise. It's not lapis.

不是绿色,也不是青色

It's actually cerulean. 而是天蓝色

And you're also blithely unaware of the fact...

你还轻率地忽视很多事情

that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns.

像奥斯卡·德拉伦塔在二零零二年 设计过一系列天蓝色的晚礼服

And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent... wasn't it... 然后,我估计是圣罗兰?是吗?

who showed cerulean military jackets?

设计出天蓝色的军式夹克衫

I think we need a jacket here. Mmm.

我认为还需要件外套 嗯

And then cerulean quickly showed up in the collections of eight different designers.

之后天蓝色就成了 其他八位不同设计师的最爱

And then it, uh, filtered down through the department stores...

然后放入其名下的商店

and then trickled on down into some tragic Casual Corner...

最后慢慢掺入可悲的 CC

{\\an8}CC - Casual Corner,提倡舒适的美国中档品牌

where you, no doubt, fished it out of some clearance bin. 才让你从她们的打折货中掏到

However, that blue represents millions of dollars... 总之,那蓝色值几千万

and countless jobs... 花费了数不尽的心血

and it's sort of comical how you think that you've made a choice...

滑稽的是,你以为是你选择了这个颜色

that exempts you from the fashion industry... 让自己远离时尚界

when, in fact... 事实却是?

you're wearing a sweater that was selected for you by the people in this room...

这屋子里的人帮你从一堆衣服里

from a pile of stuff. 选了这件绒线衫

So then I said, \ 然后说“不,我看不出有这两条?

between the two absolutely identical belts'\ ?完全相同的腰带有何区别”

and you should have seen the look she gave me! 你应该看见当时她看我的眼神

I thought the flesh was gonna melt off her face. 还以为她脸上的肉要化了一样

It's not funny.

这不好笑

She's not happy unless everyone around her is panicked, nauseous or suicidal.

看到别人不安、恶心或者自杀 她才会开心

And the Clackers just worship her.

还有那些嘎嗒子却崇拜她

The who? They call them Clackers. 什么子? 她们叫嘎嗒子

The sound that their stilettos make in the marble lobby. 高跟鞋接触大理石地面的声音

It's like, \ 就像“嘎达,嘎达,嘎达,嘎达”

And they all act like they're curing cancer or something. 她们的样子好像去医癌症似的

The amount of time and energy... 花费很大精力和时间在?

that these people spend on these insignificant, minute details, and for what?

?不重要的会议细节上,然后呢?

So that tomorrow they can spend another $300,000 reshooting something...

第二天他们就能再花三十万重新拍照片

that was probably fine to begin with... 或许对不需要那些东西的人来说?

to sell people things they don't need! ?这好像不算什么

God! 天哪!

I'm not even hungry anymore. What?

我都气饱了 什么?

That is why those girls are so skinny. Oh. No, no, no. 怪不得那些女孩那么瘦 哦,不,不

Give me that. There's, like, eight dollars ofJarlsberg in there.

哦,不,给我 里面还有八美金的干酪呢

You know what? 知道吗?

I just have to stick it out for a year. One year.

我只要忍一年,一年

And then I can do what I came to New York to do. 之后就能做我来纽约该做的事

But I can't let Miranda get to me. I won't. 我决不能输给马琳达 决不会

Easy there, tiger. 别太勉强了

Oh, good morning, Miranda. Get me Isaac.

哦,早上好,马琳达 接通埃塞克

I don't see my breakfast here. Are my eggs here? Where are my eggs?

我没见着我的早饭 鸡蛋呢?我要的鸡蛋呢?

Excuse me!

借过!

Pick up the Polaroids from the lingerie shoot. 去内衣设计那儿取偏光板

Have the brakes checked on my car. 去检修刹车

Where's that piece of paper I had in my hand yesterday morning?

我昨天早上拿到的那份文件呢?

The girls need new surfboards or boogie boards or something for spring break.

双胞胎需要新的冲浪板或者趴板 总之寒假用得着的东西

Hello. The twins also need flip-flops. 喂? 她们还要沙滩拖鞋

Ow! Oh, my gosh!

啊! 哦,天哪

Pick up my shoes from Blahnik, and then go get Patricia. 去布朗尼克取我的鞋,然后去接派奇特 {\\an8}Monolo Blahnik,高级女鞋品牌

Who's that? Good girl! Good girl! Good girl!

她是谁? 好孩子!好孩子!

Get me that little table that I liked at that store on Madison.

去买我在曼蒂森看中的那张小圆桌

Get us a reservation for dinner tonight at that place that got the good review.

为今晚晚餐定一家评价好的餐馆

Get me Isaac. Thirty-six thank-you notes delivered today. 接通埃塞克 寄出三十六份感谢信

Where is everyone? Why is no one working? 人都去那儿了? 为什么没人在工作?

Get me Demarchelier.

接通迪马休里耶

I have Miranda Priestly calling for... Okay. 马琳达·皮斯利的助手 好的

I have Patrick. 帕特里克在线

Thank God it's Friday, right? 谢天谢地,星期五了

At least Miranda will be in Miami, so we don't have to be on call this weekend.

马琳达会在迈阿密 这周末不用待命了

You know, my dad's coming in from Ohio. 我父亲从俄亥俄州来看我

Yeah, we're gonna go out to dinner, maybe see Chicago. 我们出去吃饭,可能去看《芝加哥》 {\\an8}芝加哥 - 著名百老汇歌舞剧

You doing anything fun this weekend? 这周末有没有安排?

Yes. 有

Yeah, Nate said it was great.

是啊,内特说很好

He actually... He applied here, but they wanted someone with more experience.

他其实应聘过这里 但他们需要经验丰富的

Here. Huh? What's this? 给 嗯?是什么?

I don't want you to get behind on your rent. 我不想你拖房租

Dad, how did you... It's... 爸,你怎么? 只是?

I'm gonna kill Mom. 我要掐我妈

Dad, thank you. 谢谢你,爸爸

It's really good to see you. You too, honey. 真高兴见到你 我也是,宝贝

So, you want to start grilling me now... 你想现在就说正题呢?

or should we wait till after dinner?

?还是等吃了晚饭后?

I thought I'd let you at least enjoy the bread basket first. 我想让你吃了早饭再说

No, no, no. It's okay. Go right ahead. 不,不,没关系 现在说吧

We're just a little worried, honey.

我们只是很担心你,宝贝

We get e-mails from you at your office at 2:00 a.m. 我们凌晨两点收到你的电子邮件

Your pay is terrible. You don't get to write anything. 工资低,又不参与文笔工作

Hey, that's not fair.

嘿,这么说不公平

I wrote those e-mails. 我写了那些电子邮件的

I'm just trying to understand why someone who got accepted to Stanford Law...

我试着了解被斯坦福法律系接受的人?

turns it down to be a journalist, and now you're not even doing that.

?为什么会想做记者 更何况你现在还不算是记者

Dad, you have to trust me. 爸,你要相信我

Being Miranda's assistant opens a lot of doors. 做马琳达的助理就不用愁将来了

Emily is going to Paris with Miranda in a few months... 艾米莉要和马琳达去巴黎几个月

and she's gonna meet editors and writers from every important magazine.

她会遇到著名杂志社的编辑和作者

And in a year, that could be me. 再过一年,我也能去了

All right? Mm-hmm.

好吗? 嗯

Dad, I swear, this is my break.

爸,我发誓,这将是我的转折点

This is my... my chance.

这是我的?机遇

This is my boss. 是我老板

I'm sorry, Dad. I have to take this. Take it. Take it. 爸,对不起,我得接这个电话 接吧,接吧

Hello. Miranda? My flight has been canceled. 你好,马琳达 我的班机取消了

It's some absurd weather problem. 因为什么荒谬的天气原因

I need to get home tonight. The twins have a recital tomorrow morning at school.

我要今晚回家 双胞胎明天要在学校表演独奏

What? At school! 什么? 在学校!

Absolutely. Let me see what I can do. Good. 好的,我来想办法 很好

Hi. Um, I know this is totally last minute...

嗨,我知道事情紧急?

but I was hoping that you could maybe get a flight for my boss...

但我希望你今晚能帮我老板找架?

from Miami to New York tonight? ?从迈阿密飞往纽约的飞机

It's right here. Thank you. Yeah, any kind of jet. 就这里,谢谢 是,任何一种喷气机都行

From Miami to New York. Thank you. 从迈阿密飞往纽约 谢谢

Yup, I need it tonight. I need it... Ow! 是的,今晚就要,我要?哦!

I thought you were going out the other... Sweetie! No. 我以为你从那边出来 亲爱的,我没有

It's over here, honey. Tonight. 在这里,亲爱的 今晚

Hi. I'm trying to get a flight tonight... for tonight... from Miami to New York.

嗨,我要今晚的飞机? 今晚?迈阿密到纽约

Yes, I know there's a hurricane. 是,我知道有暴风

Nothing is flying out? What do you mean, nothing is flying out?

都飞不出去? 什么叫都飞不出去?

It's for Miranda Priestly, and I know that she's a client of yours.

是马琳达·皮斯利的要求 她是你们的客户

Yes. Yes, hi. I need a jet tonight from Miami to New York. 是,是,我要一架迈阿密去纽约的飞机

Yeah. Sorry. Hold on. Hello? Miranda, hi.

是,对不起,等一下 喂?马琳达

I'm trying to get you a flight, but no one is flying out because of the weather.

我在尽力给你找飞机 但因天气原因,飞机都飞不了

Please. It's just... I don't know... drizzling.

拜托,这只是? 我不知道?毛毛雨

Someone must be getting out. 总有人要出去

Call Donatella. Get her jet. 打电话给多娜特拉,让她找

Call everybody else that we know that has a jet. Irv? 找所有社交圈里有飞机的人,俄弗?

Call every... This is your responsibi... This is yourjob. 打给每个人?这是你的职责、你的工作

Get me home. 让我回家

Oh, my God! She's going to murder me.

哦,天哪 她会杀了我的

What does she want you to do, call the National Guard and have her airlifted out of there?

她要你怎么做,叫国民警卫队去援救她?

Of course not. Could I do that? 当然不是,我会那么做吗?

Come on. 来

Come on.

我们走

{\\an8}芝加哥,歌舞剧

The girls' recital was absolutely wonderful. 她们的独奏太精彩了

They played Rachmaninoff. Everyone loved it. 选了拉克曼尼诺夫的作品 所有人都说好

Everyone except me... 除了我

because, sadly, I was not there. 因为,不幸地,我不在场

Miranda, I'm so sorry.

马琳达,我很抱歉

Do you know why I hired you? 知道我为什么雇你吗?

I always hire the same girl... 我总是雇类似的女孩

stylish, slender, of course... 时髦、苗条、当然还有?

worships the magazine.

崇拜这本杂志

But so often, they turn out to be... 但是,她们总变得?

I don't know... disappointing and, um... 我不知道?让人失望?

stupid. 变得愚蠢

So you, with that impressive resume...

而你,有漂亮的简历

and the big speech about your so-called work ethic... 还有夸夸其谈地说自己是工作狂

I, um... I thought you would be different. 我?我以为你会不一样

I said to myself, go ahead. 我对自己说,去吧

Take a chance. 抓住机会

Hire the smart, fat girl.

雇一个聪明的胖女孩

I had hope. 我有过希望

My God. I live on it.

天哪,希望是我的动力

Anyway, you ended up disappointing me more than, um... 总之,你却比其他任何蠢女孩

more than any of the other silly girls. 都更让我感到失望

Um, I really did everything I could think of. 我真的做了我能做的

Uh... That's all.

呃? 就这样

Excuse me! Where do you think you're going? 站住!你要去哪儿?

She hates me, Nigel.

她恨我,奈杰尔

And that's my problem because... 这跟我有关??

Oh, wait. No, it's not my problem. 哦,等等,这跟我没关系

I don't know what else I can do because if I do something right, it's unacknowledged.

我不知道还能怎么做 事情做对了,好像是应该的

She doesn't even say thank you.

她连谢谢都不说

But if I do something wrong, she is vicious. 但如果事情做错了 她就是个巫婆

So quit. What? 辞职好了 什么?

Quit. Quit?

辞职 辞职?

I can get another girl to take your job in five minutes... one who really wants it.

我可以在五分钟内找到一个 非常想要这份工作的女孩顶替你

No, I don't want to quit. That's not fair.

不,我不要辞职 这不公平

But, you know, I'm just saying that I would just like a little credit...

我只是说,我想要为自己的努力?

for the fact that I'm killing myself trying. ?赢得些奖励

Andy, be serious. 安迪,现实点

You are not trying. 你根本没有努力

You are whining. I... 你在抱怨 我?

What is it that you want me to say to you, huh? 你希望我对你说什么?

Do you want me to say, \you. Miranda's picking on you. Poor you. Poor Andy\

要我说“真可怜,马琳达又欺负你了 可怜的安迪”

Hmm? Wake up, six. 是吗? 醒醒,六号女生

She's just doing herjob.

她只是做她的工作

Don't you know that you are working at the place... 你知道吗,你工作的这个地方?

that published some of the greatest artists of the century? ?负责出版近百年来顶尖艺术家的作品?

Halston, Lagerfeld, de la Renta. 豪斯顿、拉格费尔德、德拉伦塔

And what they did, what they created...

他们的作品、创作

was greater than art because you live your life in it. 比艺术更伟大 因为你生活在这种艺术之中

Well, not you, obviously, but some people. 哦,当然不包括你 但包括不少人

You think this is just a magazine, hmm? 你以为这只是本杂志,对吗?

This is not just a magazine. 这不仅仅是杂志

This is a shining beacon of hope for... 这是希望的灯塔,指路给?

oh, I don't know...

哦,我不知道

let's say a young boy growing up in Rhode Island with six brothers...

比方说一个生活在罗得岛上 有六个兄弟的男孩

pretending to go to soccer practice when he was really going to sewing class...

在上缝纫课时,模仿足球训练的动作

and reading Runway under the covers at night with a flashlight.

晚上在被窝里用手电筒看《天桥》

You have no idea how many legends have walked these halls.

你不知道这里员工的艰辛

And what's worse, you don't care. 更糟糕的是,你根本不在乎

Because this place, where so many people would die to work...

在这里,更多人是热爱这份工作

you only deign to work. 而你是被迫的

And you want to know why she doesn't kiss you on the forehead...

你还抱怨她为什么不亲吻你的额头

and give you a gold star on your homework at the end of the day.

每天给你的作业批个金色五角星

Wake up, sweetheart.

醒醒吧,亲爱的

Okay. So I'm screwing it up. Mmm. 好吧,我搞砸了 嗯

I don't want to. 我不想这样的

I just wish that I knew what I could do to... 我只希望知道自己该怎么做

Nigel? Hmm? 奈杰尔? 嗯?

Nigel, Nigel.

奈杰尔,奈杰尔 No.

不行

I don't know what you expect me to do. 我不知道你要我做什么

There's nothing in this whole closet that'll fit a size six. 这里的衣服,六号穿不下的

I can guarantee you. 我向你保证

These are all sample sizes... two and four. 这里都是样品尺寸 二号和四号

All right. We're doing this for you. And... A poncho? 好吧,这个给你,还有?披风?

You'll take what I give you and you'll like it. 你收下我给你的,你会喜欢的

We're doing this Dolce for you. Hmm! 还有这个 Docle 嗯!

{\\an8}Docle,就是前面提到的 D&G,意大利时尚品牌

And shoes. 还有鞋子

Jimmy Choo's. Hmm. 吉米·周 嗯

Manolo Blahnik. Wow.

布朗尼克 哇

Nancy Gonzalez. Love that. 南茜·港渣勒兹,我喜欢

{\\an8}南茜·港渣勒兹 - Nancy Gonzalez,皮包品牌

Okay, Narciso Rodriguez. This we love.

娜西索·洛吉杰斯,我们要这个

{\\an8}娜西索·洛吉杰斯 - Narciso Rodriguez,时尚品牌

Uh, it might fit. It might. What? 呃,或许合身 什么?

Okay. Now, Chanel. You're in desperate need of Chanel. Darling, shall we?

好了,现在你非常需要香奈儿 亲爱的,走吧

We have to get to the beauty department, and God knows how long that's going to take.

我们还要去美容部 老天知道那要多久才够

I mean, I have no idea why Miranda hired her. 我不知道为什么马琳达雇了她

Me neither. The other day, we were in the beauty department.

我也是 有天我们在美容部

She held up the Shu Uemura eyelash curler and said, \

她拿起植村秀的眉毛卷毛器 她问“这是什么?”

I just knew from the moment I saw her... 从第一次看到她我就知道?

she was going to be a complete and utter disas... 她会是个大祸害?

Miranda Priestly's office. 马琳达·皮斯里办公室

No, actually, she's not available, but I'll leave word. 不,她现在没空 要留口信吗?

Okay, thanks. Bye. 好的,谢谢,再见

How did...

怎么可能?

Are you wearing the... The Chanel boots? 你穿的是? 香奈儿的靴子?

Yeah, I am. 没错

You look good. 你看上去不错

Oh, God. What? 哦,天哪 怎么了?

She does. Oh, shut up, Serena. 是真的 哦,闭嘴,赛琳娜

See you guys tomorrow. Good night, man. Take it easy. 明天见 晚安,伙计,当心点

Take care of that finger, huh? 当心那手指

So, what do you think?

你觉得怎么样?

Uh, I think we better get out of here... 我想我们该在我女友看到我之前

before my girlfriend sees me.

快点离开这里

The gowns are fabulous.

礼服很漂亮

Mm-hmm. We're gonna use the burgundy. 嗯 还要勃艮第红酒

Gotta find... 得去找?

So we spent a whole semester on potatoes alone. 我们整个学期都只吃土豆

You take the fry and squeeze it. 拿起薯条捏一下

See how firm that is? Hey. Oh, I'm so sorry I'm late. 能吃得饱吗? 嘿,抱歉我迟到了

There was a crisis in the accessories department. 首饰部出了点状况

I needed to find a python headband. Pythors hot right now.

我得找条蛇皮头巾 蛇皮现在火着呢

I have exciting presents for all of you. 我有很棒的礼物送给你们

Are you ready?

准备好了吗?

What is that? It's a Bang & Olufsen phone. 那是什么?B&O 的电话

{\\an8}B&O - 丹麦一家高档电子公司

Charlie Rose sent it to Miranda for her birthday. 查理·罗斯送给马琳达的生日礼物

I looked it up on line. It's $1,100.

我上网查了下,一千一百美金

What? Wow! 什么? 厉害!

And I have some products. Mason Pearson hairbrushes. 还有一些其他产品 梅森·皮尔森的梳子

A little Clinique. Ooh! 一些倩碧 哦!

{\\an8}倩碧 - 美容品牌

Oh, damn it. I love your job. Oh! One more. 该死,我爱死你的工作了 哦!还有一个?

A little thing.

?小小的惊喜

Do you want it? You want... Oh. Gimme! Gimme, gimme, gimme!

你想要吗?想要?哦 给我!给我!给我!

I think she likes it. Oh, my God! This is the new MarcJacobs!

我想她会喜欢的 我的天!这是新的 MJ {\\an8}MJ - MarcJacobs,皮包品牌

This is sold out everywhere. Where did you get this? 这个皮包到处都脱销了 你怎么得到的?

Miranda didn't want it, so...

马琳达不想要这个,所以?

No, no, no, no, no. This bag is, like, $1,900. I cannot take this from you.

不,不,不,这包值一千九百美金 我不能收下

Yeah, you can. 你当然可以

Why do women need so many bags? Shut up. 女人要这么多包做什么? 闭嘴

You have one. You put all your junk in it, and that's it. You're done.

一个包就够了 把东西都放进去不就得了

Fashion is not about utility. 时尚不是实惠

An accessory is merely a piece of iconography... 装饰品代表了你的形象

used to express individual identity. 展示你的个性

Oh! And it's pretty. That too.

哦,太漂亮了 那个也是

Yeah. But the thing is, it turns out there is more to Runway than just fancy purses.

没错,而且《天桥》不仅仅代表漂亮包包

Look, here's an essay byJay Mclnerney, a piece byJoan Didion.

看,这里有杰·麦克伦尼的评论 裘安·迪迪昂的作品 {\\an8}杰·麦克伦尼、裘安·迪迪昂,都是美国知名作家

Even an interview with Christiane Amanpour.

还有对克里斯狄昂·阿曼普的采访

{\\an8}克里斯狄昂·阿曼普 - CNN 频道国际部的主编

Looks like someone's been drinking the Kool-Aid. What do you...

某个人的嘴巴抹了蜜了 你怎么?

I got it. It's... Yup, the Dragon Lady. 在我这里 是?是女魔头

Oh, Miranda? Let me talk to her. 哦,马琳达? 让我跟她说

I need that. I'll tell her to get her own scrambled eggs. 我要接 我告诉她让她自己做炒鸡蛋

Lily, no, no, no! Put that thing up! I was gonna answer it! 莉莉,别!把那东西翻起来 我要接那个电话

It's gonna make... Give me the... phone. 不然会? 把手机给我

Hi, Miranda. 你好,马琳达

Ooh. Shh. Absolutely.

哦,嘘! 没问题

Shh! Uh-huh. I'm leaving right now.

嘘! 嗯,我现在就去

You know, you guys didn't have to be such assholes. 你们几个有必要这么混账吗?

Um, excuse me.

呃,对不起

I'm looking forJames Holt. 我找詹姆士·浩特

Um, that's him right there. 他就在那里

Oh. Thanks. No problem.

哦,谢谢 没关系

I put my stuff out there, and I pray they improve. Really? 我把东西放那儿,祈祷他们能有所改善 是吗?

Excuse me. Hi. 打扰了 嗨

I'm Andy. I'm picking up for Miranda Priestly.

我是安迪 我来取马琳达·皮斯里的东西

Oh, yes. You must be the new Emily.

哦,是的 你就是新的艾米莉?

Nice to meet you. 很高兴认识你

Oh, let me see that bag. Very, very nice. Ah. 让我看看那包 非常漂亮

Distressed, studded leather, pieced by hand, finished with a metallic fringe.

仿旧款式,铁钉皮革,手工缝合 金属撬边

Very nice, indeed. Who made that fantastic thing? 真是漂亮极了 这是哪位大师的杰作?

You.

Hmm. Duh. This way. 嗯,没错 这边请

Uh, here we go. 给

It's a sketch of Miranda's dress for the benefit.

是马琳达参加慈善会穿的连身裙的草图

Also the centerpiece of my spring collection. Top secret stuff.

还有我春季设计的主打款式,高度机密

I'll guard it with my life. Please do. 我会誓死护驾 拜托了

Come on. You're working for Miranda Priestly now. 来 你现为马琳达·皮斯里工作

You must be in desperate need of hard liquor. 你肯定需要一杯酒

Excuse us, girls. 借过

She'll have the punch. 给她一杯鸡尾酒

It's deadly. Have fun.

会让你神魂颠倒,好好享受

He's right, you know. Hmm? 他说得没错 什么?

The punch. I drank it at James's last party.

鸡尾酒 我在詹姆斯上次聚会时喝过

I woke up in Hoboken wearing nothing but a poncho and a cowboy hat.

在赫伯肯醒来时只穿了斗篷和牛仔帽

Wise. 很明智

Uh, hi. Christian Thompson. 你好 克里斯丁·汤普森

Christian Thompson? You're kidding. 克里斯丁·汤普森? 开玩笑

No, you're... You write for, like, every magazine I love. 不是,你?你写的杂志我都很喜欢

I actually... I reviewed your collection of essays for my college newspaper.

事实上,我看过你在大学时写的稿子

Did you mention my good looks and my killer charm? 有没有说我一表人才,英俊潇洒?

No, but... What do you do?

没有,但? 你现在做什么?

Oh. Well, I want to work for somewhere like The New Yorker or Vanity Fair.

哦,我想在其他地方工作 像《纽约人》或者《都市生活》

I am a writer too. Is that right?

我也是个作家 是吗?

Mm-hmm. I should read your stuff. Why don't you send it over?

嗯 我该看看你写的东西 不如你寄些过来给我

Yeah? 行吗?

That would be... Thank you. That would be great. 那真是?谢谢,真是太好了

But actually, right now, I'm working as Miranda Priestly's assistant.

不过现在,我是马琳达·皮斯里的助理

Oh, you're kidding. Well, that's too bad. 你开玩笑,那样太糟糕了

That's... Whoa. You'll never survive Miranda. 那?天哪,你肯定吃不消马琳达的

Excuse me? Well, you seem nice, smart. 为什么? 你看上去很善良、聪明

You can't do that job. 你不适合那个工作

Gotta go. 我得走了

Okay.

好吧

Well, it was very, very nice to meet you, Miranda girl. 非常非常荣幸认识你,马琳达女孩

Emily? 艾米莉?

Call James Holt's office. Tell them I want to move the preview up to today at 12:30.

给詹姆斯·浩特办公室打电话 说预展提前到今天十二点半

Tell everybody else. Be ready to leave in half an hour. 告诉大家 半小时内准备好

But we're not expected until Tuesday. Did she say why? 但那应该在周二 她说为什么了吗?

Yes. Yeah, she explained every detail of her decision making.

是的,关于她的决定 她解释了所有细节

And then we brushed each other's hair and gabbed about American Idol.

然后我们互相给对方梳头 像美国偶像一样说话

I see your point.

我懂你的意思了

what's a preview anyway? Good morning, Miranda.

预展到底是什么? 早上好,马琳达

Miranda insists upon seeing all the designers'collections... 马琳达坚持要求在会展前

before they show them. 看所有设计师的作品

Great to see you. Hello, James.

很高兴见到你 你好,詹姆斯

And she tells them what she thinks? In her way. 然后她把想法告诉对方? 用她特殊的表达方式

Uh, this season really began for me with a meditation... 这季度的设计理念起源于我对?

on the intersection between East and west. ?东西风格合并的构想

There's a scale. One nod is good. Two nods is very good. 有个判定方法 点一次头是好,点两次是非常好

There's only been one actual smile on record, and that was Tom Ford in 2001.

唯一的一次微笑记录 是在二零零一年的汤姆·福特展上

An obi belt. 和服腰带

She doesn't like it, she shakes her head. 如果不喜欢,她就摇头

This is the dress that we have designed specifically and exclusively for you.

这是我们特地精心为您设计的晚装

Then, of course, there's the pursing of the lips. 当然,如果她紧闭嘴唇

Which means? 意思是?

Catastrophe. 大灾难

Just, uh... Just go.

走,快走

I just don't understand. I'm appalled. It's absurd. Appalled. 我就是不明白,太可怕了 荒谬,还有可怕

You deal with it. I'll talk to him.

你来解决 我会跟他谈的

So because she pursed her lips, he's gonna change his entire collection?

就因为她紧闭嘴唇 他就要更换所有设计?

You still don't get it, do you?

你还是不明白,是不是?

Her opinion is the only one that matters. 她的观点才是最重要的

Call my husband and confirm dinner. At Pastis? Done. 打电话给我丈夫确认晚餐 帕斯蒂咖啡馆?已经定好了

And I'll need a change of clothes. 我还需要换身衣服

Well, I've already messengered your outfit over to the shoot.

我已经发短信通知 把您的衣服送去杂志社了

Fine. And, Andrea, I would like you to deliver the Book to my home tonight.

好的,安吉丽雅 我想让你今晚把书送来

Have Emily give you the key. Mm-hmm. 让艾米莉给你钥匙 嗯

Guard this with your life. Of course.

用生命来保管这个 当然

You know, if I can deliver the Book, that means I must have done something right.

你知道吗,如果我能够去送书 就意味着我一定做对了什么事

I'm not a psycho.

我不是变态

Oh, and, you know, she called me Andrea?

哦,知道吗? 她叫我安吉丽雅

I mean, she didn't call me Emily, which is... Isn't that great? 她没叫我艾米莉 这样?是不是很棒?

Yeah, whoopee. Right. 是啊,万岁

Now, it's very important that you do exactly what I'm about to tell you.

现在听好我要告诉你的每一句话

Oh. Okay. 哦,好的

The Book is assembled by 10:00, 10:30... 十点至十点半,书会被剪辑好

and you must wait around for it until then. 你必须一直等到书完成为止

You will be delivering Miranda's dry cleaning with the Book.

你将马琳达干洗的衣物和书一起送去

Now, the car will take you straight to Miranda's townouse. 司机会直接把你送去马琳达市中心的住处

You let yourself in.

你开门进去

Andrea. You do not talk to anyone. 安吉丽雅,你不能和任何人说话

Do not look at anyone.

不要看任何人

This is of the utmost importance. You must be invisible. 这是至关重要的 你必须变成隐形人

Do you understand? Uh-huh.

明白了吗? 嗯

You open the door and you walk across the foyer. 你打开门,穿过门庭

You hang the dry cleaning in the closet across from the staircase.

把衣服挂在楼梯对面的衣橱里

Uh... And you leave the Book on the table with the flowers.

呃 再把书放在有花的桌子上

Shit! It's that door to the left.

该死! 是左边那扇门

Okay. 好的

Thank you. 谢谢

You can give the Book to us. Shh. Which... Which table? 你可以把书给我们 嘘,哪张桌子?

It's okay. Come on up. No, I can't. I can't.

没关系,上来吧 不,我不能上去

What? It's okay. Come on. 什么?没关系的 来啊

Yeah, come on. It's okay. Please stop talking. 是啊,来啊 没事的 拜托别说了

Or you can bring the Book upstairs. Emily does it all the time.

你可以把书带上来 艾米莉经常这么做

She does? Right. She does, all the time.

有吗?是啊,她经常这样

Yeah? Okay. 是吗?好吧

what did you expect me to do, walk out in the middle of a cover shoot?

你要我怎么做 在封面拍摄途中溜出来?

I rushed out of an investment committee meeting... 我从投资协会的会议中冲出来?

and I sat there waiting for you for almost an hour. 坐在那里等了你近一个小时

I told you the cell phones didn't work. Nobody could get a signal out.

都说了手机没信号,所有人都没信号

I knew what everyone in that restaurant was thinking... 我知道餐厅里的其他人怎么想的?

there he is, waiting for her again. 看他,又在等她

Okay, okay! Okay, okay. Oh, no. Shh! 好吧,好吧! 哦,不,嘘!

It really wasn't that big a deal. I promise. 事情没那么严重,我发誓

The twins said hello, so I said hello back.

双胞胎说你好,我也说你好

Then I went up the stairs to give her the Book and... You went upstairs?

然后我上楼给她书,然后? 你上楼了?

Oh, my God. Why didn't you just climb into bed with her and ask for a bedtime story?

哦,天哪,你干脆去她床边 让她念故事算了!

Okay, I made a mistake. I know. 行了,我知道错了

Andrea, you don't understand. 安吉丽雅,你不明白

If you get fired, that might jeopardize Paris for me. 如果你被炒,我就去不成巴黎了

If that happens, I will search every Blimpie's in the tristate area until I track you down.

真要是那样,我会追杀你到天涯海角

She's gonna fire me? 她会解雇我?

I don't know. She's not happy. 我不知道,她很不高兴

Andrea?

安吉丽雅?

Miranda, about last night, I... 马琳达,关于昨晚,我?

I need the new Harry Potter book for the twins. 我要给双胞胎新的《哈里·波特》

Okay. Okay. I'll go down to Barnes & Noble right now. 好的,好的,我马上去书店买

Did you fall down and smack your little head on the pavement?

你在人行道摔伤脑袋了?

Not that I can recall. 我不记得有啊

We have all the published Harry Potter books. The twins want to know what happens next.

我们有所有已经出版的《哈里·波特》 双胞胎想知道接下来会怎么样

You want the unpublished manuscript? 你要未出版的手稿?

We know everyone in publishing. It shouldn't be a problem, should it?

我们和众多出版界打交道 这应该不是问题,对吗?

And you can do anything, right? 你会尽你所能的,对吗?

Yes, Bobbsey. I know, baby.

是的,小波波 我知道,宝贝

Mommy's working very hard to get it for you.

妈妈已经尽全力帮你去找了

She doesn't get it. 她是故意的

I could call frickirJ.K. Rowling herself. I'm not gonna get a copy of that book.

就算有 J·K·罗林的电话 我也要不到那本书 {\\an8}J·K·罗林 - 《哈里·波特》的作者

My girls are leaving on the train for their grandmother's at 4:00...

我的孩子会坐四点的火车去见她们的外婆

so the book better be here no later than 3:00. 那书最晚要在三点弄到手

Of course! And I would like my steak here in 15 minutes. 当然! 十五分钟内准备好我的牛排

No problem! 没问题!

Okay. I have four hours to get the impossible manuscript. 好了,四个小时内得到不可能得到的手稿

Smith & Wollensky's doesn't open until 11:30. How am I gonna get the steak?

SW 牛排店十一点半才开门 要去哪儿买牛排?

Okay. I will be back in 15 minutes. 好吧,我十五分钟内回来

Wish me luck! No. Shart.

祝我好运 霉运送给你

Yes, yes, yes, yes. I've been on hold. It's for Miranda Priestly.

好的,好的,我还在 这是马琳达·皮斯里的要求

It's very important. 非常重要

Yes, I know it's impossible to get... 是,我知道这不可能?

but, well, I was wondering if you could make the impossible possible...

所以我才问你如果可能的话?

if that's at all possible.

?是不是能将不可能变成可能 {\\an8}SW 牛排店

Yes, I'm calling about the Harry Potter manuscript. 是,我打电话询问《哈里·波特》的手稿

Uh, no. Unpublished. 哦,不,是未出版的

Not a chance? 没门?

Tell her that it's for Miranda Priestly. 告诉她是马琳达·皮斯里要求的

'Cause I think it makes a difference. 能重新考虑吗?

《纽约人》 克里斯丁·汤普森

Let me call you back.

我等会儿打给你

You probably don't remember me. We met at James Holt's party.

你可能不记得我 我们在詹姆斯·浩特的聚会上见过面

I'm Miranda Priestly's assistant.

我是马琳达·皮斯里的助理

The Harry Potter manuscript? Oh, you're kidding. 《哈里·波特》的手稿?开玩笑吧

Uh, sorry to ask, but I'm desperate. 抱歉打扰,但我也是穷途末路了

Just tell her it can't be done. You'll have to come up with a Plan \

就跟她说不可能,让她提其它方案

Well, this is Miranda Priestly we're talking about. 我们在谈论的是马琳达·皮斯里

There is no Plan \ 不可能有其它方案 只有按照她的方案办

Is she back? Am I fired?

她回来了吗?我被炒了吗?

I rarely say this to people who aren't me... 我很少对我之外的人说这话?

but you have got to calm down. 但你得冷静下来

Bloody hell! 该死!

Coat, bag.

外套,包

What's that? Oh, I don't want that. I'm having lunch with Irv.

那是什么?我不要了 我和俄弗一起吃午餐

I'll be back at 3:00. I'd like my Starbucks waiting.

我会在三点回来 到时还要一杯星巴克的咖啡

Oh, and if you don't have that Harry Potter book by then... 哦,如果到时还没有那本《哈里·波特》

don't even bother coming back. 你就别回来了

Hello. 喂?

Quit? Are you sure? 辞职?你确定?

I failed. She's gonna fire me anyway. 我完了,她肯定会炒了我

I might as well beat her to the punch. Wow. 还不如先辞职算了

Andy, good for you. Congratulations. You're free. 安迪,干得好 恭喜你,你自由了

Yeah. Well, listen, I'll call you later. Okay. 是啊,我呆会儿再打给你 好

Hello.

喂?

I'm brilliant. No, really.

我是天才,真的

Monuments should be erected in my honor. You didn't. 该为我立纪念碑 不会吧

Oh, yes. A friend of a friend does the cover art... 是的,一个朋友的朋友做封面设计

and she happens to have the manuscript. 她碰巧有那本手稿

Oh, no, 'cause that would mean that I actually did something right.

哦,不,那意味着我还是做对一件事了

It's just... Oh! 这真是?哦!

The thing is, Christian, I was just... 问题是,克里斯丁,我只是?

Look, you want this thing, you better hurry. I'll meet you at the St. Regis.

你还想要那东西的话就快点 去圣·理杰斯见我

Excuse me. 借过

Welcome to the St. Regis. May I assist you with anything? Oh. Yes.

欢迎来圣·理杰斯,能为您服务吗? 哦,是的

Uh, I'm meeting someone at the King Cole Bar. Right this way.

我在科尔国王酒吧约了朋友 这边请 Hi.

You have one hour. Thank you.

你还剩一个小时 谢谢你

One copy. What are my twins gonna do with that? Share? 只有一本手稿 双胞胎该怎么办?一起看?

Oh, no, I made two copies... 哦,不,我已经做成两本

and had them covered, reset and bound so that they wouldn't look like manuscripts.

装订好并添加了封面 那样看起来就不会像手稿

This is an extra copy to have on file. You know, just in case. 复制成一模一样的两本 你知道,以防万一

Well, where are these fabulous copies? I don't see them anywhere.

嗯,那么装订好的两本手稿在哪呢? 我怎么没看到?

They're with the twins, on the train on the way to Grandma's.

双胞胎已经在去外婆家的火车上开始看了

Is there anything else I can do for you? 还有什么需要我做的吗?

Mm-mmm. That's all. 就这些吧

Okay.

好的

Hey. Hey. I went to Dean & Deluca.

嘿,嘿,我去了狄恩德鲁卡超市

{\\an8}狄恩德鲁卡超市 - Dean & Deluca 纽约顶级超市

Man, they charge, like, five dollars a strawberry there. 天!那里的草莓居然要五块钱一颗

But I figure since you quit your job... 可我想既然你辞职了?

we should celebrate. 我们应该庆祝一下

Listen, Nate. Wait a minute.

这个,内特 等等

You quit your job, but you're still working on the twins' science project?

你都已经辞职了 怎么还在替双胞胎做作业?

Well, that's big of you. 你可真伟大啊

Okay, after we talked, I realized... 给你打完电话后,我觉得?

it doesn't make sense throwing away all those months of

hard work.

都辛苦了好几个月 就这么放弃实在是不应该

I just had a moment of weakness, that's all.

不过是因为感到一时的无助 所以?

Yeah, well, either that, or your job sucks and your boss is a wacko.

是,是,要不然就是因为 你那糟糕的工作和变态的老板

All right. Whatever. It's your job. 好吧,随便你,这是你的工作

Nate.

内特

Come on. 别这样

I'm still the same person I was.

我还是原来的我

I still want the same things. Okay? 我想要的一直没变

Mm-hmm. I promise. Same Andy, better clothes. 我保证,内容不变,只是包装更好

I like the old clothes. 我比较恋旧

Really? 是吗?

Well, what about these necklaces? Do you like them? 那这些项链怎么样? 你喜欢吗?

No? And this dress, it's new.

不?那这条裙子呢?这可是新的

Well, there is one other thing that's new... 这个,还有这样东西也是新的?

that I thought you might like. 我觉得你可能会喜欢

But, uh... What about this? 不过?这个怎么样?

You don't like it. I should better do... 你不喜欢 我还是去做?

No, no, no, no.

不,不

Is this number two look? This is number two? 这是第二款造型吗? 这是第二款?

Hi. Hi. All right. Turn around for me, darling.

嗨!嗨!好了,转过来,亲爱的

Oh, I get it. I get it. I get it. 噢,我懂了,我懂了

The piece is called \ 这是拍那组“都市丛林”,对吧?

Yes, the modern woman unleashes the animal within to take on the big city.

是,现代女性通过释放内在的野性 来征服城市

Good. Go. 好了,去吧

Sometimes I can't believe I talk about this crap all day. 我每天都在说些不知所云的废话

Bobby, come here. Let me see. Oh, thank you. 伯比,过来,让我看看 谢谢你

Make sure Miranda gets these as soon as possible. Mm-hmm.

尽快把这些样片送到马琳达手上 嗯

And tell her I switched in the Dior for the Rocha. 告诉她我让罗沙改拍迪奥了

Oh, great. Can't wait. Excuse me.

噢,真好,迫不及待哈 对不起

Can we adjust the attitude? I'm sorry. 态度能不能好点?对不起

Don't make me feed you to one of the models. I'm sorry. 别跟那些模特一个德性 对不起

It's a busy day. 今天太忙了

My personal life is hanging by a thread, that's all. 我的个人生活岌岌可危 所以?

Join the club. That's what happens when you start doing well at work, darling.

彼此彼此,亲爱的 这说明你的工作开始步入正轨了

Let me know when your whole life goes up in smoke. 等你的个人生活化为乌有的时候 记得通知我一声

That means it's time for a promotion. 那说明你要被提升了

No. All right, February, back of the issue.

不行 好了 言归正传,二月号背面

Did anybody speak with Salma's people yet? 你们和萨尔玛联系过吗?

Yes, but she'd rather do a summer cover because she has a movie coming out.

有的,但她更想做夏季刊的封面 来配合她新拍的电影

No. Also, I'm pulling the Toobin piece on the Supreme Court women...

不行 还有,图比做的那篇 关于最高法院里的女性?

woman. 不能上

And I need to see a new draft on that piece... 还有那篇关于选购整形手术医生?

about shopping for a plastic surgeon... It's dull. ?的文章要重写,太平淡了

And this layout for the winter wonderland spread. 还有这个“冬季奇境”折页的版面

Not wonderful yet.

一点都不新奇

Oh, okay. l-I'll look at it. 好的,我再考虑一下

What about Testino? Where are we on that? 泰斯蒂诺怎么样?进度如何了? {\\an8}泰斯蒂诺 - 摄影师

Zac Posers doing some very sculptural suits. 扎克的追随者设计了 一些雕塑感很强的衣服

So I suggested that, uh, Testino shoot them at the Noguchi Garden.

所以我建议让泰斯蒂诺在 野口勇博物馆拍这组片 {\\an8}野口勇 - 日裔美籍雕塑家

Perfect.

很好

Thank God somebody came to work today.

谢天谢地,还是有人来上班的

What about accessories for April? 四月的首饰版面呢?

One thought I had was enamel. Um, bangles, pendants, earrings.

我觉得可以考虑做一辑配饰 像手镯、吊坠、耳环之类

No. We did that two years ago. What else?

不行 那个两年前出过一次 还有什么?

Um, well, they're showing a lot of florals right now, so I was thinking...

这个,现在印花图案比较流行 所以我在想?

Florals? For spring? Groundbreaking. 印花?春季拍印花?真有创意

But we thought about shooting them in an industrial space.

但我们想可以选一个工厂厂房来拍

We thought the contrast between the femininity of the florals...

通过印花图案的柔弱 与硬朗、粗糙环境的对比?

and the more raw, rough-hewn background would create this wonderful tension between... 可以促使一种特殊的张力在?

No. Which? 不行 在? No.

不行

Does anybody else have anything I can possibly use? 你们能拿一点我能采用的东西出来吗?

Antibacterial wipes perhaps? 或者是消毒纸巾?

How's the cold doing? Like death warmed up actually. 感冒怎么样了? 死去活来

Oh, God. 噢,上帝

It's the benefit tonight. I've been looking forward to it for months.

今晚是慈善晚会 我已经盼望了好几个月

I refuse to be sick. I'm wearing Valentino, for crying out loud.

我不能生病 我要穿华伦天奴,气死我了

Right. Well, everybody will be leaving soon to get ready... 对,过会所有人都该去做准备了?

so I suggest you go and drop Miranda's Fendi bag off at the showroom...

我建议你去把 马琳达的芬迪包拿到陈列室?

and then I suppose you can just go home.

然后就没你什么事了

Yeah? Oh, well, that is great. Perfect actually. 是吗?噢,太好了 简直是完美

I need to get to Magnolia Bakery before it closes. It's Nate's birthday tonight.

我得赶紧去木兰面包房 今天是内特的生日

So we're, uh, having a little party for him. 我们要给他办个生日会

Yeah, I'm hearing this, and I wanna hear this. 是,真是啰嗦 还不闭嘴走人

Bye. 再见

I love my job. I love my job. I love my job. 我热爱我的工作

Hello?

喂?

Before the benefit tonight, I need to make sure... 在今晚的慈善晚会开始前 我要求?

that you're both fully prepped on the guest list. ?你们两个把来宾名单背熟

But I thought that only the first assistant went to the benefit.

可是我以为只有首席助理 才能去慈善晚会

Only when the first assistant hasn't decided to become...

前提是第一助理没有变成?

an incubus of viral plague.

一个可怕的病原体

You'll come and help Emily. 你去帮艾米莉的忙

That's all. Right. 就这样吧 好吧

These are all of the guests. Miranda invites everyone. 这是所有的来宾 马琳达把每个人都请来了

We have to make sure that they all think she knows exactly who they are.

我们必须确保让他们觉得 马琳达清清楚楚的记得每一个人

And I've been studying for weeks. 我已经研究了好几个礼拜

I have to learn all these by tonight?

我今晚上就要把这一大本都记下来?

No, don't be silly, Andrea. These too. 不,别傻了,安吉丽雅 两大本

Look, you better just start without me, okay? I'll get there as soon as I can.

你们还是先开始吧,别等我了 我会尽早赶回去

Andy, come on, it's his birth... 安迪,别这样,这是他的生?

Okay, but hurry. 好吧,不过快点

Oh, please, believe me, I will. This is the last thing that I wanna...

噢,拜托,相信我,我一定会 我最不想做的就是?

Ooh, I love that. Uh, I'll call you the second I'm leaving, okay?

噢,我喜欢这个 我走的时候给你打电话,好吗?

Will that fit me? Oh, yeah. 我能穿吗? 可以

A little Crisco and some fishing line, and we're in business. 弄点润滑油和鱼线 一定能把你塞进去

Well, nothing really. I mean, this is...

真的没什么,我是说,这是?

I mean, really, this is the social event of the season. 我是说,这是这一季的一件社交大事

Oh, oh, my God. Andy, you look so chic. 噢,上帝 安迪,你看起来很别致

Oh, thanks, Em. You look so thin.

噢,谢谢 你看起来很瘦

Do I? Yeah.

真的吗? 是的

Oh, it's for Paris. I'm on this new diet.

这都是为了巴黎 我在进行一项新的节食方法

It's very effective. Well, I don't eat anything. 非常有效 我什么都不吃

And then when I feel like I'm about to faint, I eat a cube of cheese.

当我觉得快要晕倒的时候 我就吃一块奶酪

Well, it's definitely working. I know.

效果真明显 我知道

I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight. 我的胃口才造成体重有增无减

That's John Folger, the new artistic director of the Chelsea Rep.

那是约翰·福尔杰 切尔西剧团的新任艺术总监

John, thanks for coming. Hey there.

约翰,谢谢你的到来 你好

Oh, thank you. It's always nice seeing you. Stop fidgeting. 谢你才对,每次见你都非常开心 别乱晃

I'm sorry. I'm so late.

对不起 我迟到太久了

Just deal with it. You have to be here. 别想了 你必须在这里待着

Emily, come here. 艾米莉,过来

Isn't that Jacqueline Follet from French Runway? 那是法国版《天桥》的杰奎琳·芙蕾吗?

Oh, my God, and Miranda hates her. 天哪!马琳达讨厌她

She was supposed to arrive after Miranda left. 她应该在马琳达走了以后才出现的

I didn't... Oh. Yeah.

我不? 是啊

Miranda, fabulous event as always. You brought Jacqueline.

马琳达,真是一如既往的盛会啊 你把杰奎琳带来了

Surprise. Quelle surprise.

惊喜吧 真是惊喜啊

Oh, wonderful. We're so happy you were able to come to our little gathering.

太好了 你能来参加我们这个 小聚会真是让人开心

Of course. I plan my whole year around this. 当然要来 我今年都在为这个聚会做准备

Well, we're so grateful that you do. 你这么有心,真让我们感动

Ciao. Have you gotten my note? 再见 你收到我给你的信了吗?

Yes, I did. We'll discuss it on Wednesday.

收到了 我们礼拜三再讨论

Yes, I agree. No business tonight. Not tonight. 好的 今晚不谈公事 不谈公事

Enjoy. 玩得开心

Oh, thanks. Thanks. 噢,谢谢,谢谢

Oh, um... Oh, my God. I just can't remember what his name is.

噢,上帝 我记不起来他的名字了

I just saw his name this morning on the list. 我今天早上还看过他的名字

It's... Oh, I know this. It's something to do with... 是?我记得的 他是在?

Wait, he was... he was part of the... Oh, God, I know this. Um...

等等,他是?他是一位? 上帝,我知道的?

It's Ambassador Franklin, and that's the woman that he left his wife for, Rebecca.

他是富兰克林大使 为了身边那个女人离婚了,丽贝卡

Rebecca. Ambassador. Miranda. 丽贝卡,大使先生 马琳达

You look fabulous. Oh, very kind. 你真是容光焕发 噢,谢谢

Thank you. 谢谢你

Look at you. Hello.

这是谁啊? 你好

You're... You're a vision. 你是?你真是个梦幻仙子

Oh. Thank God I saved your job. 噢 谢天谢地我帮你保住了饭碗

You know, I figured out a few things on my own too. 这个,我自己也认真的反省了一下

Turns out, I'm not as nice as you thought. 结果发现,我没有你想的那么好

I hope not.

我希望不是

Well, if it werert for the stupid boyfriend... 如果不是因为你已经名花有主?

I'd have to whisk you away right here and now. 我现在就会把你劫走的

Do you actually say things like that to people? Evidently. 你不会真的对别人讲这种话吧? 显然

Well, I gotta go.

我得走了

Are you sure? 'Cause my editor for New York Magazine is inside...

一定要走吗? 《纽约》杂志社的编辑在里面?

and, you know, I could introduce you two. 你知道,我可以介绍你们认识

You sent over your stuff for me to look at? Remember? Yeah.

你不是寄了一些文章给我吗?记得不? 是的

All right, I gotta admit, I only read a couple. It was a very large packet you sent.

好吧,我得承认我只看了几篇 你寄来那么一大包

Yeah. But what I did read wasn't half bad. 是 但就我看过的来说,还算不错

And, you know, I think... I think you have a talent, Andy. 你知道的,我觉得? 我觉得你很有天份,安迪

He should meet you. 他应该见见你

Why don't you come in? Just for one drink. 你干嘛不和我进去? 就喝杯东西

Um, okay, yeah. I guess I could for one... 好吧,是啊 就喝杯东西还是可以?

No, I can't. I'm sorry, but I have to go. 不,我不可以 对不起,我真得走了

All right. Give my best to the boyfriend. 好吧 替我向男朋友问好

Roy, I'm sorry. Can you go any faster? 罗伊,抱歉 你能再开快一点吗?

I'm sure Nate will understand. 我相信内特会理解的

Yeah. 是啊

Hey. 嘿

Happy birthday.

生日快乐

Nate, I'm so sorry. 内特,真对不起

I kept trying to leave, but there was a lot going on. 我一直试着想离开 但事情实在是太多了

And, you know, I didn't have a choice.

你知道的,我没得选

Don't worry about it.

别担心了

I'm gonna go to bed. 我睡觉去了

Can we at least talk about this? 我们能不能谈一谈?

You look really pretty. 你看起来很美

Andrea?

安吉丽雅?

Do you have the Book? Oh. Uh... 你把书带来了吗?

Paris is the most important week of my entire year. 巴黎是我每年最重要的一周

I need the best possible team with me. 我需要带一个最精英的团队去

That no longer includes Emily. 那个团队已经不包括艾米莉了

Wait. You want me to... 等等,你要我去?

No, Miranda. 不,马琳达

Emily would die. 艾米莉会死的

Her whole life is about Paris.

她全部的生活都是围绕着巴黎

She hasn't eaten in weeks. l-I can't... do that.

为这她已经好几个星期都没吃东西 我不能?这样做

Miranda, I can't. 马琳达,我不能去

If you don't go, I'll assume you're not serious about your future...

如果你不去,我会认为 你并不重视你的将来?

at Runway or any other publication. 不管是在《天桥》还是其它出版社

The decisiors yours. 你自己决定

That's all. 就这样

Hey, Andy.

嘿,安迪

Hey. You coming to bed anytime soon? 嘿 你什么时候睡啊?

Uh, yeah. Five minutes, okay? 再过五分钟,好吗?

Andrea, don't forget to tell Emily. 安吉丽雅,别忘了告诉艾米莉

Do it now. 现在就说

Don't pick up.

别接电话

Don't pick up. Don't pick up. Don't pick... Hi. 别接电话,别接电话,别接? 嗨

Emily. Hi, hi. Sorry I'm late.

艾米莉 嗨,嗨,抱歉我迟到了

It's just Miranda wanted some scarves from Hermes. 马琳达让我去爱马仕拿丝巾

And she did tell me yesterday, but I forgot like an idiot. 她昨天告诉我的 可我糊里糊涂给忘了

And so I freaked out, of course. 所以我现在要疯了

Emily, Emily, l-I need to talk to you.

艾米莉,艾米莉,我有事要告诉你

I called Martine at home, and she opened the shop early. Whoa! I'm sorry.

我打电话去马丁家 让她提前开店了 对不起

She opened the shop early for me, so I got them, which is great.

她替我提前开了店门 然后我拿到了丝巾,非常顺利

Okay. Um, Emily, wh-when you come in... 好的,艾米莉 等你回来了?

there's something I have to talk to you about. 我有点事想告诉你

Well, I hope it's not another Miranda problem. Not exactly. 但愿别是马琳达的问题 不完全是

Well, good, because I've got so much to deal with before I go. I swear to God...

那就好 我走之前要忙的事太多了 我发誓?

Oh, my God! 噢,上帝!

Emily?

艾米莉?

I don't care if she was gonna fire you or beat you with a red-hot poker!

我不管她是威胁要炒你鱿鱼 还是拿鞭子抽你!

You should have said no. 你应该说不的!

Emily, I didn't have a choice. 艾米莉,我没得选

Oh. Please. You know how she is. 拜托 你知道她那个人

That is a pathetic excuse. 这算什么破借口?

Thanks. 谢谢

Do you know what really just... 你知道整件事里?

gets me about this whole thing... ?什么最让我生气吗?

is that, you know, you're the one who said you don't really care about this stuff.

你一直口口声声说 你一点也不在乎这些东西

And you don't really care about fashion. You just wanna be a journalist.

你一点也不在乎时尚 你只想当个记者

What a pile of bollocks! 全都是胡说八道!

Emily, I know you're mad. I don't blame you.

艾米莉,我知道你很生气 我不怪你

Face it, you sold your soul the day you put on that first pair of Jimmy Choo's.

你就承认吧,自打你穿上那双吉米周的鞋 你的灵魂就已经被卖掉了

I saw it. And you know what really just kills me about this whole thing...

我看到了 还有,你知道整件事 最让我心痛的是什么吗?

is the clothes that you're gonna get. 是你将得到的那些衣服

I mean, you don't deserve them. 你根本不该拥有它们

You eat carbs, for Christ's sake. 你什么都吃,看在上帝的份上

God, it's so unfair!

天哪,这太不公平了!

Emily. Just go. 艾米莉 给我滚

Emily, I... I said go!

艾米莉,我? 我说滚!

You are going to Paris for the couture shows? Mm-hmm. 你要去巴黎看时装表演? 嗯哼

That's the coolest fashion event of the year. Mm-hmm. 那是一年里最酷的时尚盛事 嗯哼

I mean, who are you going to see, Galliano? Yeah. 你都会见到些什么人?加利亚诺? 是的 {\\an8}加利亚诺 - 迪奥设计师

And Lagerfeld and Nicholas Ghesquiere. Yep.

还有拉格菲尔德,还有 尼古拉斯·盖斯基埃 没错 {\\an8}拉格菲尔德 - 香奈儿艺术总监 尼古拉斯·盖斯基埃 - 巴黎世家设计总监

Yes. Okay, now you're scaring me.

好吧,你吓到我了

Hey. Hey. 嘿,嘿

This show is amazing. I am so proud of you. Thank you. 这个展览太了不起了,我真为你骄傲 谢谢你

Okay, start with the photos in the back and work your way forward.

从后面的那些照片开始看 慢慢往前浏览

That is the way I designed it. It is brilliant. 我就是根据这个路线布置的 绝对不同凡响

You will love it. Of course. 你会喜欢的 当然

And you, I have somebody I want you to meet, okay? 还有你,我想介绍个人给你认识

Ooh, art and sex. Lead the way. 噢,色艺俱全,还不带路?

See you later. Okay. 待会见 好的

Hey. Hey, Miranda girl.

嘿,嘿,马琳达的女孩

Hi. I was just thinking about you. 嗨 我刚才正想到你

Oh, come on. 噢,少来

It's true. No.

是真的 不

I'm profiling Gaultier for Interview and, uh, making my Paris plans.

我在为采访戈尔蒂埃做准备 顺便,计划我的巴黎行程

I found myself wondering if, uh, you were gonna be there. 我发觉自己想知道 你会不会去那里

Well, actually, um, I am going. 事实上,我会去

Great. I'm staying in a fantastic little hotel in the Seventh... 太好了 我会住在第七街 一个舒适的小旅馆里

right across the street from the falafel restaurant that will change your life.

旅馆对面有家餐厅 那里的三明治能改变你的生活

I'm sorry. I'll be too busy working.

对不起,我的工作会很忙

You'll have to find someone else's life to change. 你得去找一个替身,改变他的生活

Well, that's just it. 那好吧

I'm beginning to wonder if I can. 我开始考虑我能不能找到了

Lily.

莉莉

Lily, he's just a guy I know from work. 莉莉 ,他不过是我工作时认识的人

Yeah, that looked like work. Look, you're making a big deal out of...

是,那样子也叫工作 听着,你有点小题大做?

You know, the Andy I know is madly in love with Nate... 知道吗,我认识的安迪 是一个疯狂爱着内特?

is always five minutes early...

约会从不迟到?

and thinks, I don't know, Club Monaco is couture. 只在,我不知道 微风连锁店买休闲服的女孩

For the last 16 years, I've known everything about that Andy.

过去的十六年里 我知道关于安迪的点点滴滴

But this person? This \who skulks around in corners...

可这个人,这个跟 随便钩上的某个时髦帅哥?

with some random hot fashion guy? ?偷偷摸摸的美女?

I don't get her. 我不认识她

Lily. Have fun in Paris. 莉莉 在巴黎玩得开心

You going to Paris? 你要去巴黎?

Uh, yeah. It just happened.

是的,机缘巧合

I thought Paris was a big deal for Emily or... 去巴黎这种大事不是艾米莉或者?

Great. Now you're gonna give me a hard time too? 真好,现在你也要来给我难堪吗?

Hey, Andy. Andy! 嘿,安迪,安迪!

Andy, what the hell is wrong with you? l-I didn't have a choice, okay?

安迪,你究竟是怎么回事了? 我,我没得选,好吗?

Miranda asked me, and I couldn't say no. I know. 马琳达要求的事,我不可以说不 我知道

That's your answer for everything lately, \didn't have a choice.\

最近你的口头禅就是这句 “我没得选”

Like this job was forced on you. Nate, I get it, okay? 说得好像是别人逼你干这份工似的 内特,我明白了,好吗?

Like you don't make these decisions yourself. 好像这些决定都不是你自己做的

You're mad because I work late all the time and I missed your birthday party.

你生气是因为我老是加班 我还错过了你的生日会

And I'm sorry. Oh, come on. What am I, four? 我很抱歉! 拜托,你当我是四岁小孩吗?

You... You hate Runway and Miranda. 你?你恨《天桥》和马琳达

And you think fashion is stupid. You've made that clear. 你认为时尚是毫无意义的 你已经说得很清楚了

Andy, I make port wine reductions all day. 安迪, 我每天在餐馆里忙忙碌碌

I'm not exactly in the Peace Corps. 我也不是什么美国和平队

{\\an8}美国和平队:一个美国志愿服务组织

You know, I wouldn't care if you were out there pole dancing all night...

你知道,我不会介意 哪怕你在外面跳舞跳通宵?

as long as you did it with a little integrity. 只要你的心依然清澈诚实

You used to say this was just a job. 你以前会说这不过是份工作

You used to make fun of the Runway girls.

你以前会取笑杂志社的那些女孩

What happened? Now you've become one of them. 发生了些什么? 你现在已经变得和她们一样

That's absurd. That's okay. That's fine. Just own up to it. 你胡说些什么 没关系,我不介意,你就承认吧

And then we can stop pretending like we have anything in common anymore.

我们也就不用再装得好像 我们还有什么共同点

You don't mean that, do you? No, I do. 你不是说真的,对吧? 不,是真的

maybe this trip is coming at a good time. 也许这次出差来得正是时候

Maybe we should take a break. 也许我们俩该分开一段时间

Nate?

内特?

I'm sorry. Just... one second? 对不起,就?等一下下?

You know, in case you were wondering... 你知道吗,也许你会觉得奇怪

the person whose calls you always take, that's the relationship you're in.

但能让你随时接电话的人 才是你真正在乎的人

I hope you two are very happy together.

祝你们俩在一起开心

Hello, Miranda.

你好,马琳达

Pardon. Miranda. 抱歉,马琳达

Maestro. Mmm. 麦斯特

How are you? So glad to see you. Thank you for coming. 你好吗?见到你真高兴 谢谢你能过来

You like the collection? Absolutely. I think it's the best in years.

你喜欢这场表演吗?太喜欢了 我觉得这是近几年来最好的

This is very important for me. Very, very important. I'm very happy for you.

这对我非常重要,非常、非常重要 我也替你高兴

This is my new Emily. Hello. How do you do? 这是我的新助理 嗨,你好吗?

I'm good. Pleasure. Nice to meet you. 很好,很开心 很高兴见到你

You love the show? 喜欢这场表演吗?

Miranda. This way! 马琳达,看这里!

Miranda. Nigel. Fashiors great gatekeepers. 马琳达,奈杰尔 时尚潮流的掌门人

Miranda, what is Runway's position on French fashion versus American fashion?

马琳达,当法国时尚遭遇美国时尚 《天桥》是什么态度?

I've been thinking... Oh. 我一直在想?

You still owe me for Harry Potter. Oh, do I?

你还欠我一份《哈里波特》的情 噢,是吗?

Of course you do. Are you working tonight? Oh! 当然是的 晚上还要干活吗?

No, actually Miranda has a dinner. Great, you're free. 不用,马琳达晚上有饭局 好极了,你是自由身

Oh, but there is the problem of le boyfriend. 但还有个男朋友的问题

Wait, don't tell me. The boyfriend non plus? 等等,该不会是 男朋友已经是过去式了?

Je suis tres, tres desole.

我非常、非常的遗憾

Oh, you're so full of it. You're not desole at all. 噢,别装了 你压根儿就不遗憾

No, not even a little. What time should I pick you up? 是,一点也不 我什么时候去接你?

Uh... I'll call you. 我会给你打电话

Oh, there you are. 你回来了

We need to go over the seating, uh, chart for the luncheon.

我们得把明天午宴的座位安排再过一遍

Okay. Um, yeah, sure. 好的,没问题

I have it right here. 座位表在我这里

By all means, move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me.

你应该知道你这种慢慢吞吞的样子 总让我抓狂

Okay. 好的

So...

那么?

first of all, we need to move Snoop Dogg to my table. 首先得把斯努普·道格安排到我这桌 {\\an8}斯努普·道格 - 著名饶舌歌手

But your table's full.

但你那桌已经满了

Stephen isn't coming. 史蒂芬不来了

Oh, Stephen is... 史蒂芬他?

So I don't need to fetch Stephen from the airport tomorrow?

那明天我不用动身去机场接他了?

Well, if you speak to him and he decides to rethink the divorce...

你可以问他 如果他决定重新考虑离婚的问题?

then, yes, fetch away. 那你还是动身去接一下

You're very fetching, so go fetch. 你这么美丽动人,多动动也好

And then when we get back to New York, we need to contact, um...

等我们回纽约了,联系一下?

Leslie to see what she can do to minimize the press... 蕾丝丽,看她能不能 想办法把这件事的影响?

on all this.

?减到最小

Another divorce... 再离婚一次?

splashed across page six. ?又会是八卦头条

I can just imagine what they're gonna write about me. 我闭着眼都能猜到他们会怎么写我

The Dragon Lady, career-obsessed. 女权至上的霸道女人

Snow Queen drives away another Mr. Priestly.

工作第一的冰山皇后 把另一个皮斯利先生扫地出门

Rupert Murdoch should cut me a check...

默克多得好好谢我? {\\an8}默克多 - 报业大亨

for all the papers I sell for him. 帮他卖了那么多报纸

Anyway, I don't...

不过,我不管?

I don't really care what anybody writes about me. 我真的不在乎别人怎么写我

But my... my girls, I just... 但我的?我的女儿,我?

It's just so unfair to the girls. 这对她们太不公平了

It's just...

她们?

another disappointment...

又一次失望?

another letdown, another father... figure... 又一次沮丧 又一个父亲?不出所料地?

Gone. ?离开

Anyway, the point is... 总之,重要的是?

The point is... 重要的是?

The point is we really need to figure out where to place Donatella...

重要的是我们把唐娜泰拉安排在哪里?

{\\an8}唐娜泰拉 - 范思哲设计总监,詹尼·范思哲的妹妹

because she's barely speaking to anyone. 因为她不怎么和人说话

I'm so sorry, Miranda.

我很抱歉,马琳达

If you want me to cancel your evening, I can. 如果你想把晚上的活动取消 我去通知

Don't be ridiculous. Why would we do that? 别说傻话了 为什么要取消?

嗯,有? {\\fnTahoma\\fs22\\b0}Um, is?

Is there anything else I can do? 还有什么我能做的吗?

Your job. 你的工作

That's all.

就这样

Hi. I need Miranda's itinerary for tomorrow. 嗨,我要看一下马琳达明天的行程

Okay. Come on in. All right? Thanks. 好,进来吧 可以吗?谢谢

Who put that together for you? This? 谁给配的那身衣服? 这身?

Oh, it's just... it's just something I threw on. 噢,这? 我随便乱套的

Turn around. Let me see. Turn. 转过来,我看看,转

Mm. Incroyable. Yeah?

嗯,难以置信 是吗?

It's really just... No, it's... No, gorgeous. Yeah? Okay, good. 这身?实在是?美极了 是吗?好吧

Really. I think that my work here is done. 真的,我觉得已经不用我帮你了 Oh.

We're going to celebrate. I'm going to get some champagne.

我们得庆祝一下 我去拿香槟

Okay. What are we toasting? 好吧,我们庆祝什么?

We are toasting, my dear, to the dream job. 为得到梦想的工作干杯

The one that a million girls wanted. 成千上万的女孩所梦想的工作

Which I got months ago.

那份工作我几个月前就已经到手了

I'm not talking about you. 我不是说你

James Holt... Yeah. 詹姆斯·浩特?

Massimo Corteleoni... 马西莫·科特利让内?

is investing in James's company and taking it global. 要投资詹姆斯的公司并在全球推广

Mm-hmm. Bags, shoes, fragrances... the works. 他的箱包、鞋子、香水等作品

And James needs a partner. 詹姆斯需要一个合伙人

And that partner would be me.

而那个合伙人将是我

Does Miranda... No, no, Miranda knows, because... 马琳达她? 马琳达知道,因为?

Oh. Oh, she put me up for it. God, no. Can you imagine? 是她推荐我的 上帝,你能想像到吗?

But... But... But you're leaving. 可?可这一来你就得走了

Mm-hmm. I can't imagine Runway without you. 我不敢想像没有你的《天桥》

I know, I know, but I'm so excited though. 但我实在是太激动了

This is the first time in 18 years I'm going to be able to call the shots in my own life.

十八年来我终于可以 第一次决定自己的生活了

Oh, my God! 噢,上帝!

I'm going to be able to come to Paris and actually see Paris.

我将可以来巴黎 真真正正的认识巴黎

Well, congratulations. 恭喜你

Huh? Oh. Nigel, you deserve it. 奈杰尔,这是你应得的

You bet your size-six ass. 赌你六号的屁股我也值得

Four. Really? 四号 真的吗?

Cheers.

干杯

Cheers to you. To us. 敬你 敬我们

Let me see that.

让我看看

Okay, I just wanna say that yes, there are things Miranda does that I don't agree with, but...

好吧,我想说的是,确实 马琳达的某些所作所为我并不赞同,但?

Come on. You hate her. Just admit it to me. No. 算了吧,你恨她,你就招了吧 不!

She's a... She's a notorious sadist...

她是一个?她是个声名狼籍的虐待狂?

and not... not in a good way.

这不是?不是什么好名声

Okay, she's tough, but if Miranda were a man... 好吧,她很严厉 但如果马琳达是个男人?

no one would notice anything about her, except how great she is at her job.

人们就会专注于她出色的工作 也就不会有这么多的是非

I'm sorry. I can't...

对不起,我不?

I can't believe this. You're defending her? Yeah.

我有点不敢相信,你会帮她说话? 是的

The wide-eyed girl peddling her earnest newspaper stories?

这还是那个瞪着无辜的大眼睛 狂热追求记者梦的女孩吗?

You, my friend, are crossing over to the dark side. 我的朋友,你在堕落

I resent that. 我讨厌那样子

You shouldn't. It's sexy. Sexy?

你不该讨厌,那样子很性感 性感?

Really? Really. 真的? 真的

So do you... do you know where we're going? 那你? 你知道我们要去哪里吗?

'Cause I'm lost. Yeah.

因为我迷路了 知道

Yeah, don't worry. I know this city like the back of my hand.

别担心 我对这个城市了如指掌

It's my favorite place in the whole world. 这是整个世界上我最喜爱的地方

You know, Gertrude Stein once said...

格特鲁德·斯泰因曾经说过?

{\\an8}格特鲁德·斯泰因 - 美国女作家

\ “美国是我的祖国,巴黎是我的故乡”

It's true. 是真的

What do you do?

你都做些什么?

Do you just write stuff like that down... 你是不是平时尽写些那样的东西?

and then file it away to use on us girls? 然后分类归档,以备泡妞时使用?

I'm Christian Thompson. That's my way. That's your way. Right.

我是克里斯丁·汤普森 这是我的风格 那是你的风格,没错

I work freelance. I have a lot of free time on my hands. 我是个自由作家 手头有大把的空闲时间

You know, I never understood... 我一直不明白?

why everyone was so crazy about Paris... 为什么每个人都为巴黎如痴如狂?

but... it is so beautiful. 但?巴黎真的很美

Mm. l-I can't. I'm sorry.

我不能,对不起

I can't. You know, Nate and I just split up a couple days ago, and I can't.

我不能,你知道的,内特和我 几天前才分开,我不能?

Ooh. I've had too much wine. 我喝太多酒了

And my hearing... vision... judgment's impaired. 我的听觉?视觉? 判断力都削弱了

No, I barely know you. I'm in a strange city. 我几乎不了解你 还在一个陌生的城市

I... am out of excuses. 我?想不出来借口了

Thank God. 谢天谢地

Yes. 搞定

Oh, shoot. 噢,惨了

Bonjour, madame.

早安,美女

Uh, what the hell is this? 这是什么东西?

What does it look like? It's a mock-up. 一看不就知道了 这是个样板

Yeah. Of?

是,什么的?

Of what American Runway will look like when Jacqueline Follet is the new editor in chief.

杰奎琳·芙蕾任主编后 美国版《天桥》的样板

Wh... They're replacing Miranda? 他们要把马琳达换了?

Yeah. And she's bringing me in to run all the editorial content.

是的,她还会让我负责 全部文字内容编辑

You're really surprised? 你大吃一惊吧?

Jacqueline's a lot younger than Miranda. She has a fresher take on things.

杰奎琳比马琳达年轻很多 看待事物会有一个更新的视角

Not to mention American Runway's one of the most expensive books in the business.

更不用提美国版《天桥》是 运营费最高的一本刊物

Jacqueline does the same thing for a lot less money. 杰奎琳主管的话会省很多钱

And Irv... Irv's a businessman, you know.

而俄弗?俄弗是个生意人

Miranda will be devastated. Her whole life is about Runway. He can't do that to her. 这会彻底毁了马琳达的,她把全部精力 都给了《天桥》,他不能那样对她

It's done. Irv's gonna tell Miranda after the party forJames. 已经做了 俄弗聚会之后 就会告诉马琳达

And she has no idea? 她完全不知情?

She's a big girl. She'll be fine. 她这么大个人了,会没事的

Shi... I have to go. 混?我得走了

Andy. 安迪

Andy, it's done. 安迪,已经决定了

Baby, it's done.

宝贝,已经决定了

I'm not your baby. 我不是你的宝贝

Allo. 喂

Oh! Oh! Thank God you're there.

噢!噢!谢天谢地你还在

Excuse me? I need to talk to you right away.

有事吗? 有件事要马上告诉你

It's aboutJacqueline Follet. 是关于杰奎琳·芙蕾

Shit! Oh, shit! Shit, shit, shit! 混蛋!混蛋!

Yes. Mr. Ravitz, I'm so sorry to bother you. I was wondering...

来了 你好,拉维兹先生,很抱歉打扰你 我想?

Have you completely lost your mind? 你是不是彻底失去理智了?

I need to talk to you. Do not disturb me again.

我有事告诉你 不要再打扰我

But, um, it's just for one... Miranda! 但是,只要一?马琳达!

Miranda. Miranda. Wait, I need to talk to you. 马琳达,马琳达 等等,我有事告诉你

Irv is making Jacqueline Follet the editor in chief of Runway.

俄弗打算让杰奎琳·芙蕾 当《天桥》的主编

Christian Thompson told me he's gonna work for her. 克里斯丁·汤普森告诉我的 他准备替她干活

Irv is going to tell you today. I thought maybe if I told you, that you could fix it.

俄弗今天就会告诉你 我想如果我早点通知你,事情还可以挽回

联系客服:779662525#qq.com(#替换为@)