倘若你从我心头消失,
Where could my vacant bosom turn? 这空白心灵又转向何处?
And who would then remain behind 那时有谁留下来坚持
To honour thine abandon’d Urn? 祭扫你被人离弃的坟墓?
No, no—it is my sorrow’s pride 我悲怆的心情以此自豪——
That last dear duty to fulfil; 履行这最终的高贵职责;
Though all the world forget beside, 哪怕全世界都把你忘掉,
’Tis meet that I remember still. 只要有我在,我终久记得!
For well I know, that such had been 因为我深知,在悠悠往昔,
Thy gentle care for him, who now 你对他何等亲切温存;
Unmourn’d shall quit this mortal scene, 今后他死去再无人悼惜,
Where none regarded him, but thou: 眷念过他的只有你一人;
And, oh! I feel in that was given 我从你那儿蒙受的恩幸
A blessing never meant for me; 决不是理应归我所有;
Thou wert too like a dream of Heaven. 你宛如一场天国绮梦,
For earthly Love to merit thee. 尘世爱情不配去攀求。