test1_section1 test1_section1
M: Good morning! M:早上好!
W: Good morning! How can I help you?
W:早上好!我如何帮助你?
M: I understand that the school organizes … umm, trips to different… M:我知道学校组织…嗯,去不同的…
W: Yes. We run five every month, three during weekends and two Wednesday afternoon trips. W:是的。我们每月运行五,三个在周末和两个周三下午的旅行。 M: What sort of places? M:什么样的地方?
W: Well. Obviously, it varies, but always places of historical interest and also which offers a variety of
W:好。显然,它不同,但总是名胜古迹,也提供各种各样的
shopping, because our students always ask about that. And then we go for ones where we know there
购物,因为我们的学生总是问。然后我们去的,我们知道 are guided tours because this gives a good focus for the visit. 导游,因为这给了一个很好的集中访问。 M: Do you travel far? M:你旅行远吗?
W: Well, we are lucky here obviously because we are able to say that all our visits are less than three
W:好吧,显然我们很幸运,因为我们能说,我们所有的访问都是不到三个小时 hours drive. 小时车程。
M: How much do they cost? M:他们多少钱?
W: Again it varies, between 5 and 15 pounds a head, depending on distance. W:再次变化,5至15磅,这取决于距离。 M: Ah ha
M:啊哈
W: Oh and we do offer to arrange special trips if, you know, there are more than 12 people. W:哦,我们做报价安排特别的旅行,如果你知道,有超过12人死亡。 M: Oh right. I’ll keep that in mind. And what are the times normally? M:哦,对了。我会记住这一点。时间通常是什么?
W: We try to keep it pretty fixed so that the students get to know the pattern. We leave at 8.30 a.m. and
W:我们尽量保持很固定,这样学生们了解模式。我们在8.30点,离开 return at 6 p.m. We figure it’s best to keep the day fairly short. 下午6点返回。我们图最好保持相当短的那一天。 M: Oh yes and then how do we reserve a place? M:哦,是的,然后我们保留一个地方怎么样?
W: You sign your name on the notice board. Do you know where it is?
W:你通知董事会签上你的名字。你知道它在哪儿吗? M: Ah ha. I saw it this morning. M:啊哈。今天早上我看到它。
W: And we do ask that you sign up three days in advance so we know we’ve got enough people
W:我们要求你们提前三天报名我们知道我们有足够多的人
interested to run it and we can cancel if necessary with full refund of course. 想运行它,必要时我们可以取消当然全额退款。 M: That’s fine. Thanks.
M:很好。谢谢。
M: And what visit sub plan for this term?
M:访问子这一项计划什么?
W: Right. Well. I’m afraid the schedule hasn’t been printed out yet. But we have confirmed the dates
W:对的。好。恐怕的时间表还没有打印出来。但是我们已经确认的日期
and planed the optional extra visits, which you can also book in advance if you want to. 计划可选的额外的访问,也可以提前预订,如果你想。
M: Oh that’s all right. And if you can just give some ideas of the weekend ones so I can, you know,
M:哦,没关系。如果你能给一些建议周末的所以我可以,你知道的, work out then to see friends and such I…
我然后去看朋友和…
W: Oh sure. Well, err the first one is St. Ives. That’s on the 13th of February and we will have only 16
W:哦,当然。嗯,犯错第一个是圣艾夫斯。这是2月13日,我们将只有16岁
places available because we’re going by mini bus. And that’s the day in town with the optional extra of
名额,因为我们要通过小型公共汽车。这是在城里的可选的额外的那一天 visiting the Hepworth Museum.
参观Hepworth博物馆。
M: All right. Yes ah. That sounds good.
M:好吧。是的啊。听起来不错。
W: And then there’s a London trip on the 16th of February. And we will be taking a medium size
W:还有伦敦旅行2月16日。我们将采取一个中等大小
coach so there will be 45 places on that. And let’s see the optional extra is the Tower of London.
教练所以会有45的地方。让我们看看可选的额外的是伦敦塔。 M: Oh, I’ve already been there. 哦,我已经去过那里。
W: Yam. After that is Bristol on the 3rd of March. W:山药。之后,布里斯托尔3月3日。 M: Where?
M:在哪里?
W: Bristol. B-R-I-S-T-O-L.
W:布里斯托尔。B-R-I-S-T-O-L。 M: Okay.
M:好吧。
W: That’s in a different mini bus with 18 places available. Oh and the optional extra is visit to the S.S.
W:这是在一个不同的小型巴士和18个名额。哦,可选的额外的访问。 Great Britain. M: Okay.
英国。M:好吧。
W: We’re going to Salisbury on the 18th of March. And that’s always the popular one because the
W:我们会在3月18日索尔兹伯里。因为,总是受欢迎
optional extra is Stonehenge. So we’re taking the large coach with 50 seats. 可选的额外的巨石阵。所以我们带着大教练50个席位。 M: Oh good.
M:哦,好。
W: And then the last one is to Bath on the 23rd of March. W:最后一个是3月23日浴。 M: Oh yes, is Bath the Roman city?
M:哦,是的,是浴罗马城市吗?
W: Yes, that’s right. And that’s in the 16 seats mini bus. W:是的,没错。这16个席位的迷你巴士。 M: And where’s the optional visit?
M:和可选的访问在哪里?
W: It’s to the American Museum, well worth visit. W:这是美国博物馆值得参观。
M: Okay, that’s great. And thanks all that. M:好的,太好了。和感谢这一切。
W: My pleasure. Oh by the way, if you want more information about any of the trips, have a look in
W:我的荣幸。哦,顺便说一下,如果你想要更多的信息的任何旅行,看一看 the student newspaper. 学生报纸。 M: Ok.
M:好吧。
W: Or have a word with my assistant. Her name is Jane Yentob. That’s Y-E-N-T-O-B. W:或与我的助理。她的名字是简Yentob。这是Y-E-N-T-O-B。 M: All right. I’ve got that. Thank you very much for all your help. M:好吧。我明白了。非常感谢你所有的帮助。 W: You’re welcome. I hope you’ll enjoy the trips. W:你是受欢迎的。我希望你能享受旅行。 test1_section2 test1_section2
Good afternoon everybody and welcome to Riverside Industrial Village. To start your visit, I'm just
大家下午好,欢迎来到河边工业村。开始你的来访,我只是
going to give you a brief account of the history of the museum before letting you roam about on your
会给你一个简短的帐户之前的历史博物馆让你漫步 own. I won't keep you long. OK?
自己的。我不会耽误你很长时间。好吗?
Now from where we're standing you've got a good view of the river over there. And it was because of
现在离我们站的你有一个好的视图河那边。这是因为
this fast flowing water that this site was a natural place for manufacturing works. The water and the
这快速流动的水,这个网站是一个自然的地方制造工厂。水和
availability of raw materials in the area, like minerals and iron ore, and also the abundance of local
原材料的可用性区域,如矿物质和铁矿石,以及丰富的地方
fuels, like coal and firewood, all made this site suitable for industry from a very early time. 燃料,如煤和木柴,都让这个网站适合行业从很小的时间。
Water was the main source of power for the early industries and some of the water wells were first
水是早期的的主要电源行业和一些水井
established in the twelfth century, would you believe? At that time, local craftsmen first built an iron
成立于十二世纪,你会相信吗?当时,当地工匠首先建造一个铁
forge just behind the village here on the bank near the river. By the seventeenth and eighteenth
打造仅次于村庄在河附近的银行。17和18
centuries, the region's rivers supported more than 160 water mills and many of these continued to
几个世纪以来,这个地区的河流支持超过160水米尔斯和许多这样的继续
operate well into the nineteenth century. But then the steam engine was invented and then the railways
操作到十九世纪。但后来发明了蒸汽机,然后铁路
came and the centres of industry were able to move away from the rivers and the countryside and into
来,工业的中心能够远离河流和农村而成
the towns. So industrial villages like this one became very rare. 的城镇。所以工业这样的村庄变得非常罕见。