新世纪大学英语三期末考试复习资料 下载本文

Unit 1

Text A assure biased dread grin hover scrawl

visible

Text B await crease engage frail glisten hint sole 1.Don’t sit for too long or you’ll_crease_____your new dress.

1.别坐得太久,否则会弄皱你的衣服。

2.There’s a ___hint ___ of summer in the air, although it’s only April.

2.虽然才四月,空气中已经有一丝夏天的味道。

3. He ___assured___me that the well-known doctor would cure my headache.

3.他向我保证,那个著名的医生会治好我的头痛。

4. I handed in my application for the job last week; I am eagerly ___awaiting___ their reply.

4.我上周提交了我的就业申请,现在正急切地等待着他们的答复。

5. I wish you’d stop __hovering____ round and let me get on with some work.

5.我希望你能停止在周围转动,好让我做一些工作。

6. Hilary was out, so I___scrawled___ a note to her and put it under the door.

6.希拉里不在家,所以我草草写了一张给她的字条,放在门下。

7. The little girl kept on dancing, her face and black hair___glistening___ with sweat.

7.这个小女孩不停地跳舞,她的脸和黑色的头发因为汗水闪闪发亮。

8. A ___fairl___ old woman with a walking stick came slowly down to

the gate to meet us.

8. 一个瘦弱的老妇人,拄着拐杖,慢慢地走下大门来接我们。

9.Judy is the __sole____ survivor of the car accident the driver and all the other passengers died.

9.朱迪是那个汽车事故中的唯一幸存者,驾驶员和其他乘客都死了

10. In the room where the young man was killed, detectives found no _visible_____ signs of a struggle.

10.一个年轻人被杀死在房间里面,侦探没有发现明显的争斗迹象。

11.While one of the robbers __engaged____ the guard in conversation, the others crept into the factory.

11.当其中一个盗贼拖住了保安聊天,其他几个盗贼偷偷潜进了工厂。

12. One member of the jury was __biased____ in favour of the suspect, because they shared the same educational background

12.陪审团中的一个成员偏袒那个嫌疑人,因为他们有着相同的教育背景。

13. This was the moment he had been ___dreading___ for weeks-his mother found out theat he had told a lie.

13.这是几周来他一直担心的时刻——他的母亲发现他之前撒谎了。

14. When she heard they were going to get married, the old woman couldn’t stop ___ grinning___all day.

14.听到他们将要结婚的消息,那老太太整天满脸笑容。

Text A as it iseach and every every so often for fear of

get by in the background wrap sb. around one's little finger

Text B catch sb. unawares except for make a living pull up shut off

1.The young couple spoke in whispers___for fear of ___ waking the baby.

1.那对年轻夫妇说话轻声细语,以免吵醒婴儿。

2.We ___pulled up ___ in front of a shop, bought some drinks and drove on.

2.我们在一家商店门口停车,买了些饮料,又继续上路了。

3. I can answer all the questions __except for ____the last-it puzzles me too.

3.我可以回到所有的问题,除了最后那个,它也把我难倒了。 '

4.We couldn’t ___get by___ on my salary alone, so my wife did some oddjobs.

4.仅仅依靠我的工资,我们没有办法勉强过日子,所以我的妻子做了一些零工。

5. He left his well-paid office job to try to __make a living____ on a farm.

5.他辞掉了他薪资丰厚的办公室工作,努力想依靠农场生活。

6.I no longer go to see John regularly, but __every so often____ he drops in at my office.

6.我不再经常去看望约翰,但偶尔他会顺便来我办公室拜访我。

7.Though she has a lot of power in that big company, Sandy tends to remain__in the background __

7.虽然桑迪在那个大公司有很大的权利,她还是倾向于躲在幕后工作。

8. ___Shut off___ the power after you use the multi-media devices in the conference room.

8.使用完会议室的多媒体设备后,请关掉电源。

9. Although he’s been here just a few days, he knows the name of __each

and every____colleague.

9.虽然他只来了几天,他已经知道了每个同事的名字了。

10.We hope to finish the work today, but __as it is ____ we probably won’t finish until tomorrow.

10.我们希望今天把工作完成,但实际上我们可能得到明天才能完成。

11. Judy is quite obedient while her younger sister always ___wraps___ her father ___around her little finger___.

11.朱迪很听话,而她的妹妹则是任意摆布她父亲。

12. The shower___caught us___ completely ___unawares___ all the clothes we hung up outside got wet.

12.这场倾盆大雨来得出其不意,我们挂在外面的所有衣服都淋湿了。

翻译

1、我不曾想到,随着时间的流逝,我果真以身为社工而自豪(count on;take pride in) What I didn’t count on was that over time I would sincerely take pride in being a social worker. 2、奶奶迅速瞥了一眼墙上的时钟,发出一声惊呼:天哪,我们要赶不上火车了(Shoot a look at;let out)

Shooting a quick look at the clock on the wall, Grandma let out a cry, “Oh, My dear /My goodness/My gracious, we’re going to miss the train!”

3、我总在幼儿园门口看到一些孩子抓住父母不让走。请问:在这种情形下,年轻的父母们是否得对孩子严厉些,赶紧离开?(stern;hold on to sb)

At the kindergarten entrance, I always see some kids/children holding firmly on to their parents. Should young parents be sterner towards their kids/children and leave immediately under these circumstances?

4、昏暗的路灯下站着一个哭泣的小女孩(dim;weep)

In the dim street light stood a weeping little girl/ a girl weeping. 5、富人捐赠时要尽量考虑周全,不要让受赠者陷入难堪的境地(considerate;embarrassing) When making donations, rich people should be as considerate as possible in order not to put the recipient in an embarrassing situation.

6、从上个月起,我的工作就是围绕日常办公事务转,所以现在每天掰着手指算什么时候才

到国庆节:我和朋友要去乡下远足呢!(revolve;count the days )

Since last month, my work has been revolving around the routine office duties, so now I am counting the days until the National Day comes, when my friends and I are going hiking in the countryside.